It's sad, but do you know...

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
It's sad, but I've been getting my hair permed since I was 14 and I'm now 30. The sad part is this is the longest I've gone without a perm and I am just finding out my true texture of my hair. I think I like it. In the front, I have looser S shaped waves and in the middle and toward the back I have a tighter S pattern and all of my hair is thick. I love the pretty wave pattern it makes when I put the IC gel on it, put it in a ponytail and tie it up to lay it down. I guess that's still equals a 4A, right? I was just wondering. I'm getting a perm this Friday and then again in Feb '08 (because of special occasions) and then I think I'm going to try REALLY hard to go atleast 6 months without a perm. I have a newfound appreciation for my natural hair thanks to LHCF! (Darn, I sound like a commercial :lachen:)Has anyone else had an experience like that?

Well, I'm 27 and I've been getting relaxers since I was 13.:spinning: I do remember my hair being oober thick, so thick I couldn't manage it (of course I'm sure I could now with all the tips here:grin:). I said that sometime next year, I was going to try to grow out my relaxer and be natural. The longest I've gone without a relaxer is 3 months (I'm not sure if that counts because that's how long I wait in between relaxers anyway). Oh well! One day I'll have my hair situation figured!:yep:

Oh, yes. This happened to me, I realized that i could not remember ever seeing my true texture. I was relaxed at an early age. That is why i went natural for about 5 years, great experience for me :)

I was relaxed from ages 10-23. But it was not until I started using some of the tips on LHCF that I started to see my true texture.

THis morning I co washed, moisturized, sealed, put on an ouchless band, and then tied a scarf around the edge. I took the scarf off just before heading out to work. The result, I had straight edges, and tight waves. My puff had mostly kinks, but some coilies and curls. I had never seen this from my hair without having a chemical in it.

Its amazing what happens when you take a little patience with your hair and lots of conditioner.:lachen::lachen:

Back