it's official...i love jane carter nourish and shine.

franknbeans82

i was skeptical about it at first, and it seemed like it weighed my hair down. the first time i visited my stylist after i had started using it, i was certain she'd tell me my hair was still dry (her reaction to all the previous moisturizers i tried). however, to my surprise, she raved about how moisturized and great it felt. i've had two more visits w/ her since then, and her response to my hair has been consistently positive. she said it's looking more and more healthy each time i visit her, now. i am so thrilled that my search for an effective moisturizer is finally over, and i finally feel like there is nothing standing in my way of reaching my length goals. oh yeah, i should add that i'm less heavy-handed in applying it now, so it no longer leaves my hair feeling oily. :grin:

oh yeah... i love this stuff. i was worried about using it as a moisturizer because it has no water as an ingredient, but it WORKS. also, it smells great.

Random FYI,

If you like Nourish and Shine but want something a little lighter, the Nourish and Shine Cream is good too. I don't use Jane Carter regularly, but I liked these two products.

this does seem like it would weigh my hair down. I have relaxed hair (fine, now since all my shedding) shoulder length. Do you all use it after a rollerset or for airdrying? How much do you use?

^^^^ yea you really dont need to use too much of this stuff. just a little bit gives shine and moisture. using too much is asking for greasy hair.

I'm on board for trying this. There is a new Vitamin Shoppe near me, so I'm going to buy it tomorrow.

My friend works at WholeFoods, so I'm going to stop by today and use her 20% discount. Nourish and Shine, here I come!

oh yeah... i love this stuff. i was worried about using it as a moisturizer because it has no water as an ingredient, but it WORKS. also, it smells great.

I was concerned about that too which is why I went for the Hair Nourishing Cream instead...now I find it's too liquidy :ohwell: I use it when my hair is wet only so I think I'll pick up the Nourishing Cream next.

Yup.....absolutely LOVE Jane Carter's products:yep:. My staples are her Nourish&Shine, the Hair Nourishing Cream :lick:(....its the Nourish&Shine w/water added to make it lighter....), and the Revitalizing LeaveIn Conditioner (....best detangler, and great for blowdrying...)

I love JC N&S moisturizer too. A dab is all you need to do the job. Leaves my hair very soft and keeps the ng in tack. This will always be in my collection.

Yup.....absolutely LOVE Jane Carter's products:yep:. My staples are her Nourish&Shine, the Hair Nourishing Cream :lick:(....its the Nourish&Shine w/water added to make it lighter....), and the Revitalizing LeaveIn Conditioner (....best detangler, and great for blowdrying...)
To the bolded, so true! It's not talked about much around here, but I use this on my natural DD and it is GREAT for detangling and leave-in moisture.

I keep Nourish and Shine in the house for DD but never thought to use it on my texlaxed hair. Thanks to this thread I will start using on myself.:yep:

this does seem like it would weigh my hair down. I have relaxed hair (fine, now since all my shedding) shoulder length. Do you all use it after a rollerset or for airdrying? How much do you use?
i use it as a daily moisturizer. i scoop out a little ball of it, rub it around in my hands, put it on my ends, and pull the rest of it through my hair.

Last edited:
I've wanted to try this for a while but truth be told the price is keeping me from taking a risk.
it is pricey, but it's worth it for me. i was wasting a lot of money trying a lot of products that didn't work, and finding a truly effective moisturizer is almost priceless to me. anyhow, a little truly goes a long way w/ this stuff, and for the amount of time a tub should last, i think it's really not that expensive in the end.

i was skeptical about it at first, and it seemed like it weighed my hair down. the first time i visited my stylist after i had started using it, i was certain she'd tell me my hair was still dry (her reaction to all the previous moisturizers i tried). however, to my surprise, she raved about how moisturized and great it felt. i've had two more visits w/ her since then, and her response to my hair has been consistently positive. she said it's looking more and more healthy each time i visit her, now. i am so thrilled that my search for an effective moisturizer is finally over, and i finally feel like there is nothing standing in my way of reaching my length goals. oh yeah, i should add that i'm less heavy-handed in applying it now, so it no longer leaves my hair feeling oily. :grin:

Nourish & Shine is AMAZING! Smells so delicious. :lick: I need some more as a matter of fact.

Back