It's Me...Again!

ClassicChic

(Sharing an AWESOME email)

It's Me...Again

Matthew 7:7 - "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Whenever you go to visit someone at their house, you usually have to knock at the door. The person on the other side will sometimes ask, "Who is it?" If you're like me when it's someone you're familiar with you just respond with, "It's Me!" But sometimes you may have to keep knocking if you don't get an answer, and you know they are in there. There's someone or something you want on the other side and you do what you have to in order to gain entry. This is the same attitude we should have with our prayers.

God is on the throne just waiting for you to come into His presence. Our entry into his presence is an invitation of grace provided to us freely. He wants you to spend time with him in prayer. He wants you to stand on holy ground. He doesn't want you playing around but coming to Him with boldness, courage, and a pure heart. Asking is to make a request of God. Seeking is asking, plus action. Knocking is asking plus action plus attitude.

We knock when we are shut out from what we need and desire entrance. We knock on the things that only God can do. God want us to come to Him with our needs and our wants. He wants us to not be afraid to ask. You know where to find him. He's looking through the peephole to see how desperate you are for Him to open the door. Don't get weary in well-doing. He will answer your prayers. God will open the door for you to earn a living. God will open the door for you to start your own business. God will open the door to help you publish your first novel. God will open the door to your next relationship. You may have to wait. You may not get an answer at every door you knock at. But be persistent. Go ahead. Let God know, "It's Me Again!"

Prayer: Father God, thank you for the power of your personal presence. Give us patience as we wait for you to open doors for us and give us wisdom to know when you have closed a door.

In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

Hi Cherokee, great post. This is usually what I try say to myself of others but your wording just makes it, that much clear and efficient. May God continue to bless you.

Thanks,I realize now that God was not really present w/ me because I allowed my busy schedule and anger to get in the way.I stopped praying,was always tired,so caught up in it I stopped seeking him.I will make the time to seek him now,and I'm sure this is the year he's going to give me the answers I've been waiting to hear.

Cherokee...this is kind of scary..in a good way....
yesterday on my daily hope message I said hope is right where you are standing
that's holy ground and very soon I will find from an editor out about the bolded.....wow wow wow
I also have recurring dreams about doors..open or cracked
this is so timely..thank you

He wants you to spend time with him in prayer. He wants you to stand on holy ground.

Don't get weary in well-doing. He will answer your prayers. God will open the door for you to earn a living. God will open the door for you to start your own business. God will open the door to help you publish your first novel. God will open the door to your next relationship.

Psalm 9:10
And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

Last edited:
Back