It's cold, I need braids but what kind?

Suri

I am transitioning, it's been 1 yr. My hair is 2 inch past my chin I am shooting for collarbone first and it's growing well, but this cold weather is killing me. I work out everyday so at some point I may have to leave the house with wet hair and that is a big
naughty.gif
. My only solace is blowing it dry but that lasts about a weekend if I don't work out and it's damaging. It's time for braids. What braid style is best for little pressure on the hairline, I am working on thickening up my hairline, just the area above my temples. I was thinking kinky twists, any suggestions? I am ready like this weekend.

I wore Senegalese Twists for over a year with no problems. S. Twists are similar to kinky twists but using Kanekalon (sp?) rather than Toyokalon (sp?) which I've heard can be damaging to the hair. I like them better than braids because they're easier to take out so I don't have to put as much stress on my hair getting them out. I was having a little hairline breakage at first, so I told my braider not to make the twists around the edges as small and to leave some "baby hair" out around the edges. Since then, no problems and my edges are nice & full.

Kinky Twists would probably be great or you could get the front of your hairline flat-twisted. One way to avoid breakage in the front is to not add hair to the edges. If you can find a braider who can add hair in throughout the length of the braid but not at the hairline that would be a big help. Also, I use to wear individuals done with human hair. I didn't have an issue with a breakage like I did with synthetic hair. Also human hair gives you such versatility: you can wet it for a crinkly look or press it even for a straight look. Whatever you decide, just try to keep your edges moist and if a braid feels tight in anyway, have the braider redo it. Good luck!

http://public.fotki.com/tastesosweet/

Okay so the vote so far is get Senegalese Twists with human hair, starting with the thickest part of my hairline, NO BABY HAIR included. I really need braids for awhile, but so afraid of really wiping my hairline out completely.
Thanks for your responses.

what about kinky twists or senegalese twists or even tree braids. Do you like cornrows? I saw this lady in Walmart w/2 strand twists and they were so pretty to me. HTHS

It depends on how long you want them in for. I've had both cornrow and braid extensions. The cornrows drove me crazy because I didn't wash them. But both look good

Back