It's been said before---but I think BUNS...

model_chick717

...especially "wet buns" cause breakage. :confused: It seems all of my bun wearing has caused some breakage in my layers and I had to trim my bottom layer (3 inches) to correct it. :cry3: But my hair does hang better. So it's official--no more "wet buns" for me....:ban:

I am sorry to hear that :( It will be back before you know it ;)
I usually let my hair air-dry in a ponytail overnight and bun it up in the am....

Thx for the support, girly....but my hair is so unruly--that if I'm going to wear it back, it has to be done soaking wet...haha So I will just have to stick with my pin-up styles....

Awww MC....3 WHOLE inches??

I can testify to that though. I had to cut some too. Too much styling while wet is just asking for trouble. I'm not touching mine either until it's at least 80% dry!

Wets buns don't agree with my hair either. My hair was drying into a crimped pattern and breaking off. I now do dry buns "wet" down with oil. No water, though.

Maybe that is what broke my nape off! :scratchch: I was wet bunning it alot...

Sorry about the three inches :( MC

foxybronx said:
Sorry about the three inches :( MC

Me too girl... that's a lot of hair to lose all at once... :(

I don't like manipulating my hair too much while it's wet either. :nono: I usually let it dry at least 75% before I start messing with it...

Sorry to hear about your 3 inches. You should rebound nicely :) I can't do wet buns either. I let my hair airdry then bun it up in the morning with moisturizing products.

Sorry to hear about that. My hair didn't like wet buns or pontails either and I would always get breakage from them.

I don't think I would do a wet bun. I get my airdried hair pretty smooth and silky but putting it up on 4 mesh rollers with papers on the ends. I use to airdry in a low ponytail with my hair on one mesh roller and it took way tooo long. For those of you who airdry you should give this a try :up:

model_chick717 said:
...especially "wet buns" cause breakage. :confused: It seems all of my bun wearing has caused some breakage in my layers and I had to trim my bottom layer (3 inches) to correct it. :cry3: But my hair does hang better. So it's official--no more "wet buns" for me....:ban:
I completely agree, but I think that it depends on each person's hair.

I lost 4 inches over the summer from trying to wear a wash-n-go. My hair was just dried, and nasty. I get the same results with constant buns or anything that requires manipulation.

My hair is so much better when it's just free.

Don't cry, you know it will grow back :kiss:

Sorry you had to lose 3 inches MC. I am sure your hair is still fabulous and I know it will be back before you know it.

Thx ya'll...

@ Tai--I took my hair down from my bun yesterday and did a wash-n-go and one side of my hair was a little shorter--I had thought I'd noticed this happening...but last night made it official...

@Britt---that sounds like a good idea...I may give it a try...

I'm sorry to hear about the wet bun breakage, MC. :kiss: You'll have those 3 inches back in no time. Now I'm starting to get worried about wet bunning it myself.

I'm new to the forum....I was just wondering does wet buns include the baggie method? By the way: I am very sorry for your loss Model_Chick..

Sorry to hear that. That's why I don't wear any buns or ponytails anymore. My hair hates have any hair acessories in it.

Back