It's been nearly 6 years and I'm tired .... (baby rant & revelation)

dimpalz

Tired of wrapping my hair (and i've only been doin that for about 1)
Tired of blowdrying and straightening just to get caught in a "misty" downpour
Tired of having to shell out to get someone to relax my hair
Tired of traipsing all the way there to have them do it
Tired of not being able to colour it when I want
Tired of not being able to colour to the root
Tired of not being able to wash and go
Tired of ALWAYS having to do something with my hair

So today's the day (well it was yesterday really) I decide to grow it out. I've had enough! Yeah I'm worried about transitioning syles, and breakage and having short hair, but I had obedient natural hair, it did what it was told, went where it was sposed to go, plaited up nicely. Now, sure I have nice relaxed hair but it's all a bit too much work. Thank you natural ladies of the forum for showing me the light. I am making my way through the tunnel.

Erm, just a little help is needed, I've only got about 3/4 inch regrowth, should I invest in some mango butter or humectant now to start softening it up?

Congratulations! I'm not the person to ask because I only transitioned for four months before I chopped, and the only thing I did consistently was CW everyday. I didn't even use any products.....I take that back, I used s-curl. Maybe that will work for you. How does your hair react to glycerine?

Oh... and I used to wear my hair in buns (donut) shake and go's( I wore those when I was relaxed too) and "curly" ponytails. I never straightened.

Congrats on your decision to return to natural hair! :yay:

When I transitioned, S-Curl No Drip Formula helped soften my new growth.

If you need any other help or advice, feel free to PM me anytime! ;)

Take care and happy hair growing!

sillygurl18 said:
Congratulations! I'm not the person to ask because I only transitioned for four months before I chopped, and the only thing I did consistently was CW everyday. I didn't even use any products.....I take that back, I used s-curl. Maybe that will work for you. How does your hair react to glycerine?

:( I dont know what glycerine is, I dont know if it's any of my products

congrats on your decision to go natural! :) i second the scurl moisturizer to soften your new growth, it works great!.

Is it the scurl in the blue and silver(white?) bottle and comes in a spray? Thats the only one i've seen over here really, but then I never paid it much attention

dimpalz Is it the scurl in the blue and silver(white?) bottle and comes in a spray? Thats the only one i've seen over here really, but then I never paid it much attention

yep!

Congrats! Your reasons for transitioning are the same reasons why I BC'd. I totally feel you. You know we will help you out all we can! :D

Congrats! This is the place to be if you want to go natural...or do anything with your hair. Keep us updated on your progress.

Congrats, I transitioned for 6 months and then cut it down to 1/4 of inch and I am so so happy I did, now I dont' have to stress over my hair. I am glad I cut it all off, no more worries. just wash and go thats all that I do. I used the Suave humectant to soften my hair it worked really good. It works even better now. But dealing with the two types just got on my nerves so much that I decided to be brave and go bald. now I am 100% natural and loving the heck out of my hair. It won't be easy but you will be able to do it.

I'm glad I've got the support here =) I wanted to transition last year after some awful treatment whilst I studied abroad (sub-zero temps, static, UV rays, the works) but everyone was like "why would you wanna do that?" and "How will you wear your hair partying" etc so I didnt do it. Now I imagine how much growth I'd have by now!!! But my mum's supportive because shes reached a ripe old age of 46 (lol) and thinks her hairs thinning so we're gonna do it together. She's relying on me for flat twist outs tho. I should never have tried it out on her now I'm stuck!

Congrats on your decision to return to Natural!!! That's great that you have your Mom's support, my Mom decided to go Natural at the same time I did as well, but she got sick of the two textures and BC'ed at 4 months :lol:

dimpalz said:
Is it the scurl in the blue and silver(white?) bottle and comes in a spray? Thats the only one i've seen over here really, but then I never paid it much attention
It is the blue and white bottle. It will say Luster's S Curl "No Drip" Activator Moisturizer on the bottle. Here's a pic:
152681.jpg

Hey poohbear thanks for the pic. Did you use any "butters" on the natural hair? When I used to do mine (those 6 years ago) I'd use pink moisturizer but clearly that wasn't the way to go because my hair wasn't gettin any longer =(

Congragulations to you and your mom! I big chopped 6 weeks after my last relaxer I had enough new growth and my head and hair feels so good!

You are at the right board for great advice and support for whatever you need!

you go girl! :clap:
I cant wait to see your progress, cos you know its gonna look good, right? :cool:
You already got the advantage of being able to canerow and flat twist SO good, thats something im working on at the mo, anyway, try the Scurl or you can buy glycerine itself (the main ingredient) from Boots and make your own mixture for your new growth.

Back