It's about time!!!

jasmine26

i stopped being rude and officially said hi & thanked this site for giving me the courage and wisdom to help conquer my hair! i have to admit i was petrified when i looked at my TWA on my HUGE head:) after impulsively doing the big chop in aug '04. And i still struggle with my hair @ times. i dealt with going back to a relaxer/texturizer many times during the rough growing out stage. but i stuck with it and NEVER in my wildest dreams i would've thought i'll be at APL when stretched/straightened. But most importantly, i'm comfortable doing my own hair and i no longer have to rely on braiders who seemed content with pulling and braiding my hair beyond mercy:( i don't have an album. i don't know if it's my pc or the fotki site that's acting up:( but hopefully, i'll have one soon!

But oh well, thanks to all the natural and relaxed heads for helping me make my hair the healthiest its ever been!:) ...aiiight...it could be healthier, but that's why i'm on the no heat challenge!!

:)jasmine

Welcome Jasmine! Your growth from a TWA is amazing and your hair is beautiful! I love the style you are wearing in your signature and avatar.

jasmine26 said:
i stopped being rude and officially said hi & thanked this site for giving me the courage and wisdom to help conquer my hair! i have to admit i was petrified when i looked at my TWA on my HUGE head:) after impulsively doing the big chop in aug '04. And i still struggle with my hair @ times. i dealt with going back to a relaxer/texturizer many times during the rough growing out stage. but i stuck with it and NEVER in my wildest dreams i would've thought i'll be at APL when stretched/straightened. But most importantly, i'm comfortable doing my own hair and i no longer have to rely on braiders who seemed content with pulling and braiding my hair beyond mercy:( i don't have an album. i don't know if it's my pc or the fotki site that's acting up:( but hopefully, i'll have one soon!

But oh well, thanks to all the natural and relaxed heads for helping me make my hair the healthiest its ever been!:) ...aiiight...it could be healthier, but that's why i'm on the no heat challenge!!

:)jasmine
how do you do your twists? what products do you use and do you do them on dry or damp hair?

thanks everyone:)

growing out my hair is a blessing but it's also a curse! everything has become harder and longer:( my hair constantly gets tangled in knots, i have to know detangle/wash in sections, twisting/styling my hair takes hours, i just don't have the patience all the time and i find myself being a little too rough:( with my hair. i give all the respect for the naturals that grow bsl hair and longer, i don't think i'll ever do it! i think if my hair ever reaches bsl i'm stopping and calling it a day! but with all that said the pros definitely outweighs the cons for me! i have no regrets about my natural journey!

Back