It's About Hair - Atlanta

myco

It\'s About Hair - Atlanta

For the ladies in in the Metro Atlanta area with Comcast cable, there is a show that comes on Tuesday nights @7:00 on channel 26 called "It's About Hair". It's kind of like an instructional show from a beauty school. They show different techniques about roller setting, rollerwraps(doobies), barbering techniques, "thermal curling" (curling irons), updos, etc. You can also buy the tapes of specific procedures. I got some goods pointers about rollersetting from the show.

The host/lead stylist of the show tries to talk about things from the consumer and professional point of view. He says that he is not intimidated by the knowledge that he is giving the consumer and he wants them to be more informed so that they can maintain the salon look when they are at home. I thought that was kind of refreshing.

Last night they said they will be reformatting the show and the products they use will be for sale. They are also looking for models for the Bronner Bros. show on the 9th of this month.

They have two locations: Atrium Beauty School in Stone Mountain and the other location is in Marietta.

Re: It\'s About Hair - Atlanta

Damn I don't have comcast
frown.gif

It's the public access channel right before the TV Guide channel if that helps at all.

Oh that sounds like something I need to check out. Thanks for the info Myco!!
cool.gif

I don't have comcast either :-(! Do you think it airs on Charter Communication?

And by the way, is that school called Divine Hair School in Marietta?

That sounds right, but I'm not sure. The name of the lead stylist is Tene' Taylor. Is that the same person?

Oh thanks myco! I'm definitely tuning into this!

Hey Tene' used to be my hairstylist before he started his beauty school (yes it's Divine Hair in Marietta). That was years ago when I was wearing the Anita Baker short cut. One of my coworkers just finished taking his cosmetology course.

as far stylists go, what do you think of him? I caught the show by accident last night and that's when they announced the showtimes. I liked the fact that he did a rollerset and wrap on the lady.

hmmm...I remember liking my cut. It was very nice and I got a lot of compliments. He's very good at styling.

Myco and Stormy!

Wow! I didn't know the guy's name. I just knew of him because one of the students/assistants did my two-strand twists. She worked in Germany for a while and now that she's back, she's at Divine. Her name is Toni(forgot her last name). She had nothing but good things to say about him!

THanks, I live there, and I have comcast, I will wastch it today, allight.

For the people who have Charter Communications, the show comes on channel 19 on Sundays @ 8:30. The show this week was about doing flat twists.

I will be in Atlanta next week, I hope I can catch it from my hotel room,

I'm in Athens, 2 hours away. Do you know if it's shown here? I get Charter Communications.

The show should be coming on Sunday @8:30 on channel 19 for Charter Communications. You should be able to get it.

OT - Are you a Bulldog?

Back