It's a wrap I'm going back to Crack...

Suri

creamy crack that is.

Quite a few people on this site have been toying with the idea of going back and personally so have I. I admit to being a little indecisive but overall my edges are a little thin and my only hairstyle is a ponytail I can't take it anymore. It's just not worth it and yes it is style I wear 95% of the time. What's the use?

I will probably grow in out again in a few years, but right now, this is my plan. I think I will start a challenge, braids(although I am weary because of my hairline), MTG or something until Thanksgiving and relax for the first fall/winter holiday.

Pics soon to come!

new year, new you...sounds like a plan! good luck :yep:

and yeah, be careful with the braids/hairline. i've been down that road and trust me, permanent hair loss is no joke :nono:

you said your only hairstyle is a ponytail...perhaps that's the problem?

Thank you I feel good about it.

Indeed it will be a new year but back to the same ole stuff, although with all the info I get from this website, I think I am truly interested in taking care of my relaxed hair with all the great tips. I have a new hair goal, long hair.

So yeah, YA THINK!!! the ponytail is definitely the problem. All this time I was thinking well maybe I just have a thin hairline. I have no hairloss or problems ANYWHERE else. I have headaches and everything. No more. I got to give it up. The natural journey is a beautiful one, but I will do it later when I have more hair to work with.
:)

Suri said:
Thank you I feel good about it.

Indeed it will be a new year but back to the same ole stuff, although with all the info I get from this website, I think I am truly interested in taking care of my relaxed hair with all the great tips. I have a new hair goal, long hair.

So yeah, YA THINK!!! the ponytail is definitely the problem. All this time I was thinking well maybe I just have a thin hairline. I have no hairloss or problems ANYWHERE else. I have headaches and everything. No more. I got to give it up. The natural journey is a beautiful one, but I will do it later when I have more hair to work with.
:)

Relaxers can thin the hair line also, so please be careful with application

lkg4healthyhair said:
Relaxers can thin the hair line also, so please be careful with application

Yes, please be careful with your hairline. I wouldn't leave the relaxer on this area for more than 5 minutes, maybe not at all. Good luck.

Suri said:
creamy crack that is.

Quite a few people on this site have been toying with the idea of going back and personally so have I. I admit to being a little indecisive but overall my edges are a little thin and my only hairstyle is a ponytail I can't take it anymore. It's just not worth it and yes it is style I wear 95% of the time. What's the use?

I will probably grow in out again in a few years, but right now, this is my plan. I think I will start a challenge, braids(although I am weary because of my hairline), MTG or something until Thanksgiving and relax for the first fall/winter holiday.

Pics soon to come!

I'm doing the same. I've been natural for about 4 years, and my hair was actually thicker and healthier when I was relaxed. I think I'm going to keep my hair braided until March, then take them out for a couple a weeks before I relax. I would love to relax now, but I experience so much dryness in winter. Plus, the sweaters I wear often cause breakage, so braids are a winter protective style for me.

Looking back on my photos, my hairline looks fine, it wasn't until I started 'transitioning' that I resorted to this ponytail everyday and then the thinning hairline. I think I will launch the MTG challenge for three months and then relax.

I gotta find a new style. Maybe even a wig. I must stop the ponytail TADAY!
Thanks, I will soon enjoy life on the other side. :)

The headaches mean that your hair is DEFINITELY being pulled too tight. It sounds like you haven't really mastered the your natural hair's styling options yet. Ain't no shame in going back to the chemicals in the meantime. One thing I think you should not do is go into braids. If you're already worried about your hairline, braids will only make it worse. A good option of you're going to be relaxed anyway is to dominican blowouts and regular wrapping.

thanks for your responses guys.

right now I got that loose ponytail, messy updo thing going except most of the hair is thick an wavy so I kind of feel like a harriet tubman. it's cool, i love my natural hair, but I see the difference in the look I was going for before.
MTG will be here tomorrow so I am starting my challenge and hope to see some changes. :)

Back