It's a Saturday night around 9pm.

Iammoney

Wealth magnet
God Moments
Brenda Gittens
It's a Saturday night around 9pm.

Your husband is in the den asleep while watching ESPN. Your son isn't home. You're in your bedroom and you have a choice of turning on the television, talking on the phone, or finishing reading one of the two books that you should have been finished with already.

But this time you choose to do something totally different.

You choose to spend time alone with God to pray, think about Him, and delight yourself in Him. You talk to God from an honest heart and He speaks a specific something back to you. It's all so clear, plain and real. The moment is just incredible, unexplainable, and indescribable.

Psalm 91 is one of my favorite scriptures. The first two verses simply say: Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shelter of the Almighty. This I declare of the LORD: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I am trusting him.

Have you experienced a "God Moment" lately? It's so good to have them whenever you can. I know we all get real busy with our lives (family, work, school, ministry, church, etc.), but how can we really become more and more like Him and be able to know Him and His voice more and more...without spending time alone with Him?

During those "God Moments" words come, answers come, songs come, revelation comes, understanding comes, submission comes, humility comes, healing comes, tears come, joy, peace, comfort, and love comes, and most of all obedience comes - which the Lord honors most and more than anything from us.

"Those who obey my commandments are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them, and I will love them. And I will reveal myself to each one of them." (John 14:21).

Obedience is an act of WORSHIP. If we're not obeying Him, there's no way we can worship Him. Just thought I'd share one of my moments above with you, they're real and HE'S REAL!

PRAYER: Lord God, it's our desire to know You more and to become more like You. Help us to realize that we must decrease so that You can increase in us. We thank You for those "God Moments," which we can experience during our times of being alone with You. In Your Holy name we pray, Amen.

As a worship evangelist, Brenda Gittens travels throughout the California Bay Area ministering in song to churches, prisons, and various outreach events. A devoted mother and wife, Brenda is a member of Mt. Calvary Baptist Church, located in Fairfield, CA. For more information about Brenda, log onto www.brendagittensministries.com

Back