Itchy scalp

vanillabean

I have the worse itchy scalp ever. Its to the point when I dig in my head to itch it my scalp becomes very sore. I make sure that I moist every 2 days with oil so that its not dry, but that just don't seem to be working for me help me please. I'm taking all answers.

SULFUR 8 IS GOOD FOR DRY AND ITCHY SCALP BUT IT HAS A VERY STRONG SMELL AND IT DOESNT TAKE ALOT

vanillabean, you;re not tthe only one suffering, my scalp feels horrible! I was putting olive and vit e oils on my scalp (i thought it was itching because my scalp was tight from dryness) that didn't work... I'm going to buy some teat tree oil and hope that works out

Tea Tree Oil did work for me. My scalp has been itching like crazy since I've started taking the Hair Skin Nail vitamins. Itchy scalp can mean your hair is growing, so that's a good thing!

Welcome, vanillabean
wave.gif
BTW, I love the screen name
smile.gif

Re your scalp, whenever I have scalp problems, I always apply Hollywood Beauty's Tea Tree Oil (tea tree oil is the 2nd ingredient, so they're not skimping there). Some other board members have also recommended KeraCare's Dry & Itchy Scalp Shampoo. Try doing a search on that and you'll get lots of results.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you ladies, I just want say say thank you for advice. I was going to buy some tea tree oil the other day, something kept me looking at it but for some reason I don't know I just didn't get it stupid me.LOL

Be careful with the tea tree oil, and apply sparingly, or dilute it heavily with a carrier oil like jojoba or sweet almond. I sometimes dot tea tree oil on blemishes, but I would never use more than a tiny amount. I've accidently applied more than that straight and it does burn. Just be safe! -or buy a product that is prepared with it already...

When I had a itchy scalp I used sea breeze. It took my itchiness right away. If you have some use it.

Lee,

That's exactly what I've been putting on my daughter's hair. She says it itches uncontrollably in the very top and now it's all broken off there.

[ QUOTE ]
ladylibra_30 said:
aveda's scalp remedy is magical. you can't go wrong w/it

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
That sounds interesting. How often do you use it Ladylibra? Do you use it for basing your scalp too?

Back