Itchy scalp right after shampoo or cowash

NYDee

I don't know why this is happening. It doesn't matter if my hair is wet, it still itches. I cowashed and wet bun my whole hair since yesterday and I had to air dry it this afternoon so I can apply some cinnamon oil because it is itching so bad. I even bought a new conditioner thinking it might be the cheap V05 conditioner but the itching started right after. What has been helping is the cinnamon spirit/oil but I want to find a way to prevent it instead. I'm not shedding nor do I have dandruffs, it just itches to bad that I feel I will give myself blisters from scratching.

Do you massage conditioner in your scalp? If so, stop and see if your head stops itching. Worked for me. I can't massage conditioner or sulfate-free shampoos in my scalp. You could also try tea tree oil diluted in a carrier oil if that doesnt work.

Do you massage conditioner in your scalp? If so, stop and see if your head stops itching. Worked for me. I can't massage conditioner or sulfate-free shampoos in my scalp. You could also try tea tree oil diluted in a carrier oil if that doesnt work.

ITA my scalp does not like conditioner, it tends to build up. Also make sure your are completely rinsing off the shampoo. I find that my scalp actually likes a little oil but you will have to find the one that works for you. Tea tree oil has done wonders for my itchy scalp.

Back