Itchy Kinky Twists

TrendySocialite

My kinky twists are itching like crazy.

I did a "shampoo in a bottle" technique yesterday (spray scalp w/ diluted shampoo then "rinse" by spraying with only water) and I thought it helped, but my hair still itches.

I have a spray bottle with Peppermint Oil, Infusium 23, water, aloe vera juice and a little oil in it. The Peppermint Oil usually gives me relief for several hours.

I don't know if I can deal with this for a whole month. I'm scared to wash them because just from the spray treatment I did, some of them lost their curl.

I'm trying to convince myself that it's itching because it's growing...LOL

Any suggestions? Is it hard to recurl the ends? I know I can't do that yarn thing...but I thought I could roll and dip in hot water.

Thanks for your help!

Do you have a cream moisterizer like silk elements or something of a creamy texture you can place on you scalp?

I would srpay the braids and then go in between them and use the cream on your scalp.

May just be a dry scalp.

If you used synthetic hair and it was not washed before installed that could be the problem.

Sometimes that chemical whatever it is that's left on the hair can cause a frightful itch fest.

I would put a stocking cap on and then jump in the shower and dilute some more shampoo and work it through my hair gently and then rinse , rinse and then spray on some Braid relief spray.

If you used synthetic hair and it was not washed before installed that could be the problem.

Sometimes that chemical whatever it is that's left on the hair can cause a frightful itch fest.

I would put a stocking cap on and then jump in the shower and dilute some more shampoo and work it through my hair gently and then rinse , rinse and then spray on some Braid relief spray.

I think I will try this tomorrow. Thanks!

Do you have a cream moisterizer like silk elements or something of a creamy texture you can place on you scalp?

I would srpay the braids and then go in between them and use the cream on your scalp.

May just be a dry scalp.

My scalp isn't flaking, but my water intake is off, so i will up my water intake and I'm going to try to wash them this weekend. Thanks!

Back