Itchy Allergic Scalp

HWAY

Please help! I am searching for a daily moisturizer for a my hair that won't cause my scalp to itch. I 'm very frustrated because my hair is not dry but my scalp itches terribly and I'm going to have was my hair 3 days after paying my stylist. I drink 64 oz of water daily so I know that's not the problem.

No, I'm still learning how to care for my hair. No, I'm going to purchase a bottle of Jane Carter Scalp Renew today.

I wonder if it's the relaxer my stylist uses. I know he uses Affirm but not which type. After reading the posts regarding this line in another thread, I may need him to use another relaxer.

HWAY said:
I wonder if it's the relaxer my stylist uses. I know he uses Affirm but not which type. After reading the posts regarding this line in another thread, I may need him to use another relaxer.
I think the problem lies in the relaxer not being applied correctly. I use an Affirm Lye relaxer and I can't remember the last time I had an itchy scalp.

I use the Elucence moisturizing shampoo. Thanks for your responses and the link to that website. I'm going to have order that shampoo.

I do have pure coconut oil. Do you apply it to to scalp or your hair?

blessedangil03 said:
Does it help to use a clarifying shampoo for itchy scalp? I've never used one before and my scalps been itching lately.

Using a clarifying shampoo may help because if you have product build-up on your scalp, it will definitely cause the itchies. It's good to keep your scalp as clean as you can keep it and a clarifying shampoo will definitely help w. that. :yep:

Personally, I've also found that I can't use mineral or petroleum based products on my scalp.....it causes the itchies. :eek: I also can't use Wild Growth Oil on my scalp....it causes the itches...and MAJOR dandruff for me. :shocked: So, you could also be allergic to certain products....I guess you'd have to experiment w. different products to see if that's the case w. you. :yep:

HWAY said:
I use the Elucence moisturizing shampoo. Thanks for your responses and the link to that website. I'm going to have order that shampoo.

I do have pure coconut oil. Do you apply it to to scalp or your hair?

I apply it to my scalp as well as my hair but massaging it into my scalp is what helped w. my itchy dandruffy problem. :yep:

blessedangil03 said:
Thanks Carlie! How often should I use a clarifying shampoo?

I guess it all depends on you and what you decide is best for your hair depending on your hair habits, etc. Personally, I clarify every 3 wks. :yep: Keeping a clean and nourished scalp also helps to create a great growth environment. :yep:

I'm not ready to go natural yet. My goal is to reduce the amount of products I use, but with this itchy scalp, it's difficult. I've found daily scalp massages help but I need to discover what's causing this dry itchy scalp. For now, I sitting here after having applied a hot oil treatment.

HWAY said:
Well I washed my hair and applied the coconut oil. So far, no itchies. Thanks Carlie.

That's great! :up: Once you start clarifying, I'm sure it'll make a huge difference as well! :yep:

No I haven't been to a dermatologist. My facial skin is very sensitive, so I 'm not surprised the skin on my scalp would be also. I do have an appointment to see my internist today so I'll talk to her about it.

Back