ITCHING!

lvmyhur

Can someone advise me on how to control my itchy scalp? I have tried products like Paul Mitchell tea tree and Keracare (Itchy Scalp)....with no luck. My worst area is in the crown of my head. I also experience tight scalp in that area!.......PLEEEEASE HELP!!!
drunk.gif

I have the same problem, and I use Keracare dry itchy scalp shampoo, it helps calm down the itchies but I sometimes have to put some itchy scalp glossifier if it gets really bad.

Do you have any idea why it may be itching? I mean could it be sensitivity to something you're putting on it? Are you taking any vitamins? Sometimes an itchy scalp can be signs of the hair growing.

LVMYHUR, IT COULD JUST BE THAT ITS TIGHT AND ITCHY FROM IT GROWING OUT HAIR...THAT'S MY EXPERIENCE, i JUST OIL WITH A LITTLE JOJOBA OIL BLEND ..TRY A LITE OIL. GOOD LUCK

luvmyhur, I experienced something similar to that earlier this year, the itching was really bad. So bad that I would wash my hair and the next day it would begin itching again. I tried so many things but they did not work, I finally decided to go to a dermatologist, she told me that I had an allergic reaction and that the same thing happens to her at times. she gave me a prescription for Fluocinonide topical solution usp, .05%. I rubbed this lotion on my scalp and I kid you not, by the next day my itching was completely gone. the directions said use twice a day if needed, all i needed was one application. If it is really bad I suggest you see a dermatologist. good luck

It may actually be good news. That you're getting lots of growth particularly in the crown area. Have you ever tried an apple cider vinegar rinse?

Thanks for the responses ladies! I forgot to mention that I do have new growth in the area where I have itching. It seems to break after about 3 inches. I am taking a multivitamin (centrum). I will probably be seeing a dermatologist soon.

Back