Itchies, this one's for you

Amarech

OK yet another issue I dealt with by myself over my loooooooong hiatus from LHCF (how did I ever survive?)

I noticed that a lot of ladies, myself included, seem to be plagued with itchy scalp. For me it started as soon as one day after I washed my hair. When I would straighten my hair it seemed to be worse because I couldn't wet it and soothe the itchinness.

Well, I think I found a solution that at least minimizes the drama. Rinsing. Once again, if I am beating a dead horse, sorry.

I can't remember where I heard or read it, but a lot of chronic itchiness can be due to not rinsing well enough. A lot of us on this board do conditioner washes which is good for hair but may be too much for the scalp. I conditioner wash with a regular conditioner but when I'm done, I still have some slippage left in my hair.
When i started rinsing just 5 minutes more, I noticed a dramatic reduction in itching. In fact I would have to say it was reduced by almost 90% (If you want to use numbers).

Seriously. I rinsed until my hair didn't feel slippery any more. Then I blotted dry and applied the conditioner only to my hair very lightly (if I felt I needed to feel some slippage).

I did the same thing when I used shampoo and noticed the same thing.
This is a suggestion to hold you over until you can see a dermatologist ( if you believe there is a problem) or if you've tried other things.
It worked for me.

Back