It stiiiiiinks! + Question!

Hello ladies! I just bought some Indian Ayurvedic products yesterday, like the Amla powder, Shikakai soap, Neem oil, Amla oil, etc.

Neem oil really stinks! OMGoodness, but I washed all these things out with the Shikakai soap after an all night conditioning, and my scalp feels so clean and tingly! :grin:

But my real concern is, does Amla really permanently darken your hair? I have brown hair which isn't all the way black, but I'd like to keep it that way. Should I give away the Amla products to my mom?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
It is supposed to overtime. I don't know how long that it is. I stop dying my hair black in hopes that the Amla would darken my roots and it hasn't yet. I have been using it since November :ohwell:

It is supposed to overtime. I don't know how long that it is. I stop dying my hair black in hopes that the Amla would darken my roots and it hasn't yet. I have been using it since November :ohwell:

Thanks for the answer! Sorry that didn't work out, yet. I'll use it and see what happens.

I do not think it darkens your hair that much i have been using it for a year now and it has not darken my hair at all and i have dark brown hair :ohwell: so i not rinse my hair black

I've heard that Amla is supposed to add 'brown shades' to the hair but i dunno.

I usually do henna and amla (althuogh I've done henna and amla by itself) and my hair has a crimson tint to it.

I also read that you should apply something acidic to release the mix and allow it to sit for a while.
But....I don't.
I use water, henna/amla and conditioner, apply it to my head as soon as I mix it---and STILL get color!

I never used Indian products for it's dying propertied--rather the conditioning effects.
Not that I'm complaining. I actually get compliments on what can only be described as a completely incidental happening...:grin:

Oh yea--and Amla oil stinks...I don't care what nobody says!:yep:
But I'll use it because I bought it.

Back