it pulled out my hair!!!

beautyintheyes

i just got my first sew in and in was great until i felt some patches of my hair were a little tight but i didnt pay it any mind but now the hair there is gone im worried that it wont grow back is there any way to grow them back!!!

Do you still have this sew in installed? If so, take it out. There is a thread about healthy edges and crowns and @MsLizziA has a thread about it. Let me try to find it.

But, since this was your first sew in, let me tell you this: No matter what any stylist/braider says, they are not supposed to hurt. It's supposed to be secure, not tight. It it burns or tingles and you can't turn your head or blink your eyes normally, have them stop and redo it immediately.

A headache is the telling sign that your edges might come up MIA in the near future. After I found the right stylist, I never get a headache after I get sew ins and I'm somewhat tender-headed.

Sorry this happened. Be back with links.

How Mama Dukes Regrew Hair Edges in 5 Months

Healthy Crown & Edges Challenge

Last edited:
Do you still have this sew in installed? If so, take it out. There is a thread about healthy edges and crowns and @MsLizziA has a thread about it. Let me try to find it.

But, since this was your first sew in, let me tell you this: No matter what any stylist/braider says, they are not supposed to hurt. It's supposed to be secure, not tight. It it burns or tingles and you can't turn your head or blink your eyes normally, have them stop and redo it immediately.

A headache is the telling sign that your edges might come up MIA in the near future. After I found the right stylist, I never get a headache after I get sew ins and I'm somewhat tender-headed.

Sorry this happened. Be back with links.

How Mama Dukes Regrew Hair Edges in 5 Months

Healthy Crown & Edges Challenge

thank you ima take it out this weekend but i thought that it would be okay because i have the front braided but all four corners of my head were the weave starts got ripped out!!! but what do i do to grow the patches back?

I don't think you should wait until the weekend.... It sounds like it needs to be out of your head NOW!! I've had 2 weaves in my head ever..... the first one was 12 years ago...... It lasted 6 days, that sh*t was too tight. The last one I got a year ago was out in less than 24 hours, I can understand a little pressure, but when there is pain, throbbing and headaches.... No Good!! Take some vitamins to help regrow your edges and do some massaging on those areas to stimulate blood flow.

Flawlis1 said:
I don't think you should wait until the weekend.... It sounds like it needs to be out of your head NOW!! I've had 2 weaves in my head ever..... the first one was 12 years ago...... It lasted 6 days, that sh*t was too tight. The last one I got a year ago was out in less than 24 hours, I can understand a little pressure, but when there is pain, throbbing and headaches.... No Good!! Take some vitamins to help regrow your edges and do some massaging on those areas to stimulate blood flow.

I'm so sorry the braiders did them so tight!!! Maybe u should braid it straight back yourself and have a friend install it for u that's what ima do the next time cause I love the idea behind weaves hehe

thank you ima take it out this weekend but i thought that it would be okay because i have the front braided but all four corners of my head were the weave starts got ripped out!!! but what do i do to grow the patches back?

Please do NOT delay and wait until the weekend. You could lose more hair waiting for the weekend. If I were you, I would take it out ASAP. Save those locks!

I had cornrows back in January and they were too tight and gave me a headache. The ends were braided into each other so I took the ends out but still left the corn rows in for 4 weeks. When I took them down, I had two bald spots - 1 on my left side and 1 on my right side. While nursing them back to health, I'm stuck with having to wear a centre part for all my styles - so repetitive and boring. I should have listened to my hair. You need to take out the weave IMMEDIATELY. Even a day longer might cost you dearly. Good luck!

by the way, what I'm doing to grow the spots back is nightly massage with a mix of olive oil, coconut oil, peppermint and tea tree oil EO. I will also start using some Ayurvedic herbs weekly. It's too soon to tell if it's working.

Last edited:
Back