It looks so appealing!

Porsche19

Does anyone use IC's leave-in conditioner?

I’ve seen it in stores, but there are no ingredients listed on the bottle... so buying it is a no-no. :nono: Does anyone use it? Does anyone know the ingredients?

It looks so appealing... in its big, brown bottle for such a cheap price.

Also, I bought 2 bottles of this oil, because I want to stop using Wild growth Oil and Hot Six Oil. I want to stop using the Wild growth because of the minerals in it, I want to stop using Hot Six because it has silicones in it.

The stuff that I bought is called Organics Carrot Tea-Tree Oil Therapy.

Ingredients:

Soybean Oil, Carrot Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Walnut Oil, Kiwi Oil, Olive oil, Castor Oil, Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E, Safflower Oil and Calendula Extract and Yarrow Extract and Cucumber Extract, and Carrageenan Extract and Matricaria extract and Ginseng Extract and Sage Extract and Comfrey Extract and Aloe Extract, Propyl Paraben, Fragrance.

I plan to mix it with extra virgin olive oil. I like to mix it because I don’t like to run around smelling like... a salad, but olive oil is great in my hair. I want the olive oil properties, and a sweet, non-olive oily smell in the same oil. :)

Three things bother me about this product.

Even though I’ve done searches on Tea Tree Oil, it confuses me. Is it drying for the hair? It’s good for the scalp, but what about the hair?

Would all the extracts be drying in my hair?

Also, what is Propyl Paraben? I got alerted when I saw Paraben... like Paraben wax. I wouldn’t want to put that in my hair... but then again it is the next to last ingredient.

I should’ve thought of all of this before I bought the stuff... but sometimes when you’re in the beauty supply store with a pocket full of money, crazy things happen. :grin:

If I get the wrong answers to these questions, I’m giving them away, maybe someone else can benefit from my mistake. :)

I LOVE Fantasia IC leave in!!! I have the leave in with Aloe. It really strengthens your hair. I think Fantasia makes the best store-bought products. :)

I alternate this with the Motions Nourishing Leave-in, I think it is excellent and adds a lot of strength, shine & moisture to my hair. Acombination of these two has helped me retain length. It is a good product, but the lack of ingredients does not bother me because of the company name and I have never heard anything derogatory about it or from friends who have all recommended it to me.

lovelymissyoli said:
Is this the leave-in Hair & Scalp Treatment conditioner??? If so I use this product...
The IC Aloe Leave In dried out my hair and made it hard and crunchy. If it's this product -- stay away! I tried to rinse it out and it still did not come out and today I am going to have to clarify to get this crap out of my hair.

hmmm, Im not sure which one it was but I tried one of those IC leave in treatments and my hair didnt respond well but then again that was way back when, when my hair was really jacked up and I thought some miracle product would help it, but nothing did until I cut most of it off.

Also, the tea tree therapy oil made my scalp itch like crazy, but my sister told me that the tea tree shea butter creme is really good so I might try that next. One oil I do like is Africas best ultimate herbal oil. It has good stuff in it and doesnt irritate my scalp....it does well mixed in with moisturizers and conditioners and I use it as a pre treatment with honey sometimes.

I won't try anything else form them except use the serums and polish they make. I bought some of their silky gel activator and it dried my hair out bad.

Back