IT HAS BEGUN!

trinidarkie1

I have finally removed my braids and I washed and treated my hair yesterday, no blow dry *takes a bow*
I used Aura Rosemary and Mint shampoo and rinse
then I put in aPHogee's damaged hair treatment..
then Botanicals leave in Herbal Tonic, 3 in 1 dry scalp moisturizer and TCB Hair Grease (cant remember the name too well)
ANyway my hair feels great but... it is SOO SHORT!
I feel handicapped..
I am trying to treat my hair at least once a week for the next two weeks.. then I am going to weave it..
Going home for 3 weeks, sure as hell cant go home looking jacked up.. my dad will just leave me in the airport, lol
ANyway.. my hair regimen has begun..

Congratulations on starting your regimen.
up.gif

YAY!! i'm happy that you've decided to take charge of your hair! You'll get a lot of support from the members. go team!

Congrads too u, it seem as if u have been here less then a month, Welcome
wave.gif
I have been here for a while and I still dont have a complete regime
wink.gif
great job

THanks guys *blush*
But I look so busted..
I've been on Thanksgiving break and kept a silk tie head on.. and I have class in the morning and I dont know what to do..
I've never been seen in public with short hair.. NEVER, lol
so I am freaking out..
and I dont own any hats.. well besides the winter ones, so I guess I'm gonna have to bumm it out for the next 2 weeks..

Do you think it is wise to wash and treat twice a week now? cos I want to put some weave in for three weeks and then get it braided and try to keep that in for about 3 months.. ideas anyone?

[ QUOTE ]
trinidarkie1 said:
sure as hell cant go home looking jacked up.. my dad will just leave me in the airport, lol
ANyway.. my hair regimen has begun..

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!!!
grin.gif
laugh.gif
grin.gif
laugh.gif
This sounds like my dad, when I chopped all of my long hair off and went natural, he freaked! Anyway, congrats on beginning your regimen and best wishes for much success!

Congrats on beginning a regimen and being brave! Do you have your hair in a cut style or is it uneven looking? What do you mean by wash and treat? Washing twice a week will be fine if that's what you mean.

[ QUOTE ]
trinidarkie1 said:
THanks guys *blush*
But I look so busted..
I've been on Thanksgiving break and kept a silk tie head on.. and I have class in the morning and I dont know what to do..
so I am freaking out..
and I dont own any hats.. well besides the winter ones, so I guess I'm gonna have to bumm it out for the next 2 weeks..

Do you think it is wise to wash and treat twice a week now? cos I want to put some weave in for three weeks and then get it braided and try to keep that in for about 3 months.. ideas anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you can wear a scarf around your head. Or, even though your hair is short, is it even?

[ QUOTE ]
Chimma said:
Congrats on beginning a regimen and being brave! Do you have your hair in a cut style or is it uneven looking? What do you mean by wash and treat? Washing twice a week will be fine if that's what you mean.

[ QUOTE ]
trinidarkie1 said:
THanks guys *blush*
But I look so busted..
so I am freaking out..

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you can wear a scarf around your head. Or, even though your hair is short, is it even?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's uneven and it's really thin now in comparison to how it was before.. *sigh*
I have scarves.. girl I must be crazy to walk around here with a scarf on my head, next minute they call the FBI and say that I am some kinda terrorist or something.. no lie..
That is just looking for too much attention..

Trini,

Why don't you have one of your friends cornrow your hair back and attach a bun - OR- do a twist out, apply castor oil,grapeseed oil, or jojoba oil to each trist, roll with a small roller and then allow your hair to dry. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Good luck,

[ QUOTE ]
SweetNic_JA said:
Trini,

Why don't you have one of your friends cornrow your hair back and attach a bun - OR- do a twist out, apply castor oil,grapeseed oil, or jojoba oil to each trist, roll with a small roller and then allow your hair to dry. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Good luck,

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks sweets,
but ahmn.. you listed some oils there.
I have to remind you all that I live in MN, in the Boondocks, so unless it come from corn or cows, I cant get it, lol
I will still look around and see if a fairy could drop some for me, lol
No seriously, i will look and see if I find the stuff.. that sounds like an idea.. thanks hun

hope im not being to nosy. But wat happened u said u neva wore short hair in public before, have you been wearing braids and weaves for ttthhhaattt long, if so its about time your hair gets a break from the stresses.
that might explain why its uneven and thin. Suck it Up, stand tall, and strut girl. I know youre still beautiful regardless of braids or not.

Trini,

That sucks! But you know what? There's a fairy that comes in the form of a credit card and an internet connection. Give it a try if you really want the oil. You could even try doing it with a bottle of olive oil, they have to have THAT in MN (lol).

Good luck

[ QUOTE ]
Foxycus02 said:
hope im not being to nosy. But wat happened u said u neva wore short hair in public before, have you been wearing braids and weaves for ttthhhaattt long, if so its about time your hair gets a break from the stresses.
that might explain why its uneven and thin. Suck it Up, stand tall, and strut girl. I know youre still beautiful regardless of braids or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I have been wearing weave for sometime, it was not out of necessity, I had long hair, thick too, but it still needed a little body so I would add a few pieces in just for highlights or something.
It started dropping about 3 and a half years ago, and hasnt been able to catch back yet, esp because of the cold weather (in my opinion)
My hair just falls out when I brush or comb it now, it doesnt grow as much anymore. So since I always had long hair, even though the weave has replaced the real thing because of hair damage, I dont think anyone can tell the difference because they know me with naturally long thick hair.

[ QUOTE ]
SweetNic_JA said:
Trini,

That sucks! But you know what? There's a fairy that comes in the form of a credit card and an internet connection. Give it a try if you really want the oil. You could even try doing it with a bottle of olive oil, they have to have THAT in MN (lol).

Good luck

[/ QUOTE ]

HA HA HA HA that kind of fairy is hiding right now, she's recuperating from a shopping spree in NY this summer, lol
But yes I will find the olive oil, they actually DO have that, lol
thanks

Okay so it's the beginning of week two of my hair regimen..
and well it's going great..
I washed and rinsed and treated with Aphogee and then I put in this herbal tonic, applied my three in one mint hair conditioner/grease and my hair feels so great..
I am almost afraid to put relaxer in it and weave it again..
cos you know I dont want to be looking Jacked up next week when I go home on break..

Hey I remember when I first started out years ago lol I wore wigs you know those real hip mary j blige looking ones the flip do's you know and those were life savers you know for quick emergencies like going to the grocery store etc. my hair was jacked too because I was cutting it myself but i made it through the storm.

Well people.. my hair is a lot healthier.. well was, at least for the three weeks I was out of the cold..
I got my hair done when I went home, treated and trimmed.. so I am starting back from scratch again..
Heard there was a place I can get it braided, but I dont know if I can last with braids in for 4 months.. still thinking about it

My West Indian sista!!
grin.gif
(I'm Guyanaese though)

I feel for you...I'm trying to grow my hair out, too. If you're going to go with the braids, you should check out this website:

http://www.growafrohairlong.com./

It's really helpful in teaching you how to take care of your braids. You're on the right track by coming here...I'm pretty new but I've learned so much already....
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
trinidarkie1 said:
THanks guys *blush*
But I look so busted..
so I am freaking out..

[/ QUOTE ]

I did that while I was at home for the holidays just to strengthen my hair for the new semester and new year. As long as you follow the protein with a moisturizing conditioner it should not hurt. I don't know how strong Aphogee is in comparison to K-pak but I used K-pak for my twice a week strengthening treatments for two weeks and then I switched and used Motions CPR for one week.

Back