Issues # 2 and 3...

LoveLiLi

Issue 2:
Okay, so if you read through issue # 1, you know I went to this insanely expensive salon and got a relaxer - it was the infamous PHYTO (index #2). I wanted a lye relaxer but she insisted that this was so great and I've read good things about it on LHCF, so I gave in.

At first I was very pleased, my hair looked good and was flowing back and forth, but I've since noticed that I'm losing a-lot of hair - from the root. I have small clumps of hair coming out every time I comb and they are all very long and still have the bulb attached...I'm starting to get scared. I also got really bad dandruff after this touch-up. I washed my hair two days ago, but the dandruff is still there, so I'm going to try again tonight with the ORS dandruff shampoo (the Head and Shoulders I tried was a hot mess).

Has this happened to anyone else after trying Phyto? If so, how did you get your hair to stop coming out at the root and what works best on those flakes?

Issue 3:
How are you ladies getting smooth hair from roller sets? I've tried several times and still haven't gotten the smooth, glossy hair that I get when I air dry and straighten. Please let me know what your favorite products are for roller setting your hair.

Bonus issue:
I also want to know why so many hair stylists look like raggedy anne? One of my favorite hair stylists had the worst hair - but she made my hair look amazing. I don't know how she worked her magic, but women of every race would stop me to ask who did my hair. I noticed this same phenomenon with the last stylist I saw, she had raggedy, chewed up hair, but she made my hair look nice. What's going on?

*maybe the hairstylists just don't have time for themselves??*

Hands down, I use Silk Elements everything (poo, condish, setting lotion) but I always flat iron after my rollersets. The combination of rollersetting and flatironing gets me a silky smooth look. :D

Khalia27 said:
Issue 2:
Bonus issue:
I also want to know why so many hair stylists look like raggedy anne? One of my favorite hair stylists had the worst hair - but she made my hair look amazing. I don't know how she worked her magic, but women of every race would stop me to ask who did my hair. I noticed this same phenomenon with the last stylist I saw, she had raggedy, chewed up hair, but she made my hair look nice. What's going on?

girl - that is funny but soo true. I remember back in the day I went all the way to Long Island, NY to the infamous Andrea Cheese - her work is all over the hair magazines and she specializes in short hair cuts. she is the bomb. And girl her hair was in a ceasar and she had nails out to Africa. I was like ain' tno way this lady know how to handle a pair of scissors with them nails! But I never had a haircut fly like that since. She is NICE. I guess it goes to show- don't sleep.

Calling all raggedy hairdressers!!!! lol

Khalia27 said:
Bonus issue:

When I used to get relaxers the stylist I went to kept her hair short for years and always wore it slicked back with gel. I just figured that she wanted a low maintenance hairstyle, since she spent so much of her day dealing with other people's hair. I never asked her though. But since she was a great stylist (fast service, more professional than my last stylist, etc.) I wasn't concerned.

Khalia27 said:
Issue 2:
Okay, so if you read through issue # 1, you know I went to this insanely expensive salon and got a relaxer - it was the infamous PHYTO (index #2). I wanted a lye relaxer but she insisted that this was so great and I've read good things about it on LHCF, so I gave in.

At first I was very pleased, my hair looked good and was flowing back and forth, but I've since noticed that I'm losing a-lot of hair - from the root. I have small clumps of hair coming out every time I comb and they are all very long and still have the bulb attached...I'm starting to get scared. I also got really bad dandruff after this touch-up. I washed my hair two days ago, but the dandruff is still there, so I'm going to try again tonight with the ORS dandruff shampoo (the Head and Shoulders I tried was a hot mess).

Has this happened to anyone else after trying Phyto? If so, how did you get your hair to stop coming out at the root and what works best on those flakes?

I agree with Kimberly. You should go see a Dermatologist ASAP. It sounds to me like you had an allergic reaction to the phyto. I believe phyto is supposed to have herbs in it--maybe you're allergic to one of them?

Khalia27 said:
Issue 2:

Do you think this is due to seasonal shedding? :confused:

atlien11 said:
Do you think this is due to seasonal shedding? :confused:

I have very thick hair, so I'm used to some shedding, but it's minimal. However, this is starting to worry me. The hairs come out grouped together and it's the whole hair (bulb included) whereas typical shedding for me is a few hairs here and there, not a lock of hair stuck in the pic. I thought I was doing the right thing by going to professionals, but I might go back to self-relaxing - my hair is always longer and healthier looking when I stay out of the salon.

I've been going to salons regularly for about three years and my hair hasn't gotten very long at all. I've been colored several times, razor cut etc. When I relaxed my own hair and had my sister trim the ends my hair was longer and still very healthy. No one ever comments on my hair when I get it done at the salon since it looks the same as when I do it myself, but now that my sister moved away I don't have anyone to trim my ends and I'm at the mercy of the stylists.:perplexed

Back