Issssss Awl Mine Too!

MissYocairis

:rolleyes: This lady I work with just told a fellow co-worker who complimented her on her FRENCH ROLL....."Issss Awl Mine TOO!" (all loud and ghetto in the office in a country bama accent.)

First of all, the french roll wasn't that big, but I guess she usually gets hair added for them? It was just weird. lol.

It kinda bothered me cause, again, I guess I just didn't want the white folks' ASSUMPTIONS that we wear fake hair all the time to be CONFIRMED....it was sorta like the time Oprah told her white audience how she was so excited to finally have a long, swingin' ponytail "jus' like YOU Miss Anne!" *steppin' and fetchin' it*

*sigh* I know I'll be bashed for this....but, folks express being irritated all the time when whites ask them "is it all yours" well....this little incident just reminded me of that kind of thing. She was all proud with it as though it was an impossible feat that it could be "all hers".

I know we struggle with hair lengths but I don't want to discuss all that in front of Miss Anne and BECKY! :(

CantBeCopied said:
:rolleyes: This lady I work with just told a fellow co-worker who complimented her on her FRENCH ROLL....."Issss Awl Mine TOO!" (all loud and ghetto in the office in a country bama accent.)

First of all, the french roll wasn't that big, but I guess she usually gets hair added for them? It was just weird. lol.

It kinda bothered me cause, again, I guess I just didn't want the white folks' ASSUMPTIONS that we wear fake hair all the time to be CONFIRMED....it was sorta like the time Oprah told her white audience how she was so excited to finally have a long, swingin' ponytail "jus' like YOU Miss Anne!" *steppin' and fetchin' it*

*sigh* I know I'll be bashed for this....but, folks express being irritated all the time when whites ask them "is it all yours" well....this little incident just reminded me of that kind of thing. She was all proud with it as though it was an impossible feat that it could be "all hers".

I know we struggle with hair lengths but I don't want to discuss all that in front of Miss Anne and BECKY! :(

This is funny because a couple weeks ago i was in sally's and there was a white couple in there looking for hair that would be later added. So they proceed to the counter to ask for help, there were two white women working at the time and a thrid employee who was off the clock (and black) went on to answer her question about weaving hair, etc.
As they walk back to the back of the store...right past me. The husband goes:

" Wow she must be an expert" and the wife goes

"Naw honey you know all them black girls wear weave so they know all about it" :eek:

I mean they really have no clue, either we have no hair cause it can't grow or it's weave.....

seeminglysweet said:
This is funny because a couple weeks ago i was in sally's and there was a white couple in there looking for hair that would be later added. So they proceed to the counter to ask for help, there were two white women working at the time and a thrid employee who was off the clock (and black) went on to answer her question about weaving hair, etc.

"Naw honey you know all them black girls wear weave so they know all about it" :eek:

I mean they really have no clue, either we have no hair cause it can't grow or it's weave.....

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :eek: Why that *****! :mad:

seeminglysweet said:

Uh, uh! I don't know if I could have just "listened". I probably would have had to add something extra.... not that it is a bad thing, but we don't all have to wear weave.

I think whites assume that all our hair is fake b/c 9 x out of 10 you can tell its fake. White weaves blend with thier hair better. So to the untrained eye you wouldnt be able to tell when Missy Anne is wearing a weave.

Becky and Miss Ann and have no problem walking right up behind you if you are sitting down and casually feeling your hair or staring down into your head. I once had a heifer sneak up behind me...she worked for me....and start examining with her hands. At that point I was wearing an extension braid pinned up. My hair was in rough shape at the time....well ...jacked up.... She was actually a primary incentive to growing my own hair....Turns out later...she was a thief as well. Any way I had to professionally keep it together but otherwise......*!!!!!!!#####!!!! I had an Indian (with a dot not a feather) guy practically get on my shoulders to check out my hair without hands of course. I knew what he was doing (coworker)...they love to sneak up on you in the offices I tell you...Probably wages bets with the rest of the staff....(ya'll know that's true!) I was wearing extensions that had been unravelled to the scalp and looked like a fantastic braid out. One day I wore my own hair out and being thick as can be and bouncy...some people were rubbernecking and standing on their tip toes to get a look, (they were shocked at the thickness of it!!!! It wasn't jacked up then....lolol...So, if we do not want them assuming I guess we had better take a personal interest in getting our own and stop handing money to the Asian hair shops that make 99% profit off desperate black women.
I now get asked...."Is that your...hair...? Yes. What about you...is that your's? (snicker) bonjour

There have been times when I've been a bit peeved by white people who think they know OUR HAIR. Like at my old job this white girl commented on how black women's hair grows REALLY slow. This other black coworker says "well it really depends on what you're mixed with." Seriously. My whole speech about how faulty hair practices might be the reason why many black women have problems growing long hair was lost in the wind as the black coworker went on and on about her white and indian heritage. Mind you her hair was breaking from a dye and an unhealthy neck length. So I guess Miss Anne and Becky might be getting the inaccurate information from us.

redRiot said:
There have been times when I've been a bit peeved by white people who think they know OUR HAIR. Like at my old job this white girl commented on how black women's hair grows REALLY slow. This other black coworker says "well it really depends on what you're mixed with." Seriously. My whole speech about how faulty hair practices might be the reason why many black women have problems growing long hair was lost in the wind as the black coworker went on and on about her white and indian heritage. Mind you her hair was breaking from a dye and an unhealthy neck length. So I guess Miss Anne and Becky might be getting the inaccurate information from us.

I don't doubt it one iota. In fact, the country bama arse simply confirmed with that statement today that all her prior french rolls had been amped up with fake hurr. It just PEEVED me! :mad:

seeminglysweet said:

She was out of line!

CantBeCopied said:
I don't doubt it one iota. In fact, the country bama arse simply confirmed with that statement today that all her prior french rolls had been amped up with fake hurr. It just PEEVED me! :mad:

just because someone is country doesn't mean they are from alabama!!!! i lived in alabama for around 12 years, and i don't let ANYBODY call me country!! and no i don't have some "country" accent either!!! as far as i'm concerned, you can be from new york and still be country!!! i'd rather live in the country than the city any day!!!

just had to vent...i get so tired of when someone says or does something ignorant, they have to be a "country bama"!

redRiot said:

Exactly...We don't even know our darn selves (and when I say "we" I don't mean us LHCFers) about our OWN HAIR!

VinDieselsWifey said:
just because someone is country doesn't mean they are from alabama!!!! i lived in alabama for around 12 years, and i don't let ANYBODY call me country!! and no i don't have some "country" accent either!!! as far as i'm concerned, you can be from new york and still be country!!! i'd rather live in the country than the city any day!!!

just had to vent...i get so tired of when someone says or does something ignorant, they have to be a "country bama"!

I wonder where the term comes from. I've never heard it used to refer to someone from alabama. And I don't see what ought to be insulting about being from the country. :scratchch Yet I have only heard the term used positively in decorating shows.

UmSumayyah said:
I wonder where the term comes from. I've never heard it used to refer to someone from alabama. And I don't see what ought to be insulting about being from the country. :scratchch Yet I have only heard the term used positively in decorating shows.

It's like calling someone "backwards" or "unsophisticated" or "slow" because you know, us southerners tend to be a little slower than most others...lol. In this case, I took the OP to mean "unsophisticated".HTH

*ElleB said:
Exactly...We don't even know our darn selves (and when I say "we" I don't mean us LHCFers) about our OWN HAIR!

That's the same thing I thought, too. But let's face it. Most of the images of us on TV, screen, and magazine are wearing some type of follicle "help". I would think we all wore it too if that's where I was getting most of my information from...and then you have that handful that are really obvious with theirs at the bus stop, so they stand out in a crowd. For some reason, I'm particularly thinking about the ones with brightly colored weaves and extensions.

VinDieselsWifey said:

just had to vent...i get so tired of when someone says or does something ignorant, they have to be a "country bama
"!

Aw! I'm sorry VinDW! She's from Dayton, Ohio....my city....and, well, "bama" wasn't meant in reference to "Alabama" even though I know that's where the saying originated from. She's actually a very country MIDWESTERN chick with a country DAYTON accent. I didn't mean to offend. I certainly wasn't picturing the actual state of Alabama when I was describing her.

Kimberly said:
It's like calling someone "backwards" or "unsophisticated" or "slow" because you know, us southerners tend to be a little slower than most others...lol. In this case, I took the OP to mean "unsophisticated".HTH

Yes, basically....however, being from the Midwest and being from Dayton specifically, we are called "country" all the time. There really ARE some folks who are a bit on the slow side here.

Back