Isis..can U please help me with the braided style

jainygirl

Hey Isis
wave.gif
how did you pin your braids in that one style in your album with the flower??? i keep trying to duplicate this style and girl.... you dont even want to know what it looks like
look.gif
laugh.gif
I know others are most likely curious as well so i thought i would post this question in the forum instead of sending you a PM
smile.gif
TIA
wink.gif
-- jainygirl

"I know others are most likely curious as well so i thought i would post this question in the forum instead of sending you a PM TIA -- jainygirl "

Jeppers ... another one here that wants to know
smile.gif

Hey Jainygirl!
wave.gif
laugh.gif
You made me laugh again girl! Hello there Ballet Bun! I've been so busy lately and had to actually tear myself away from LHCF !
shocked.gif
I'm going through the older posts and I stumbled upon this one, with my name on it too!
rofl.gif

Anyway, as I mentioned in another thread, this style didn't start out as a style, I was just braiding my hair for bed and for my braidout the next day. I learned (from Dutchess, one of the braidout Divas!) to braid my hair in 4 braids for my braidout. I use Good Hair Day pins for this method which to me is like wrapping my hair, except with braids.

1) I braid my hair on airdried hair first, although this style I'm certain will work on wet hair also.

2) After my leave-ins and any oils, I gather my hair and make 4 sections without parting my hair with a comb (although you can), one on each side of my head and two in the back

3) I pin up the loose hair on the sides first temporarily on the top of my head so I can easily start with the back two sections.

4) Reaching in the back of my head, I braid the two braids going down the back. Since my hair is getting longer, there is a point where I have to change my arm position so I can continue braiding. I'm sure you do that too Jainygirl and Ballet Bun since your hair is ultra long.

5) Then I pull the end of my left braid up and around towards my right and pin it, not tightly across but more like a loop. I pull the end of my right braid up and around towards my left and pin it.

6) Next, I unpin my front side sections and I start braiding each side towards the back of my head, with my arm over and behind my head as I braid down. The purpose for me is so my braidout hangs towards the back. I do the same with my other side. Again, there is a point where I must change my arm postions while braiding.

6) Now I take the end of my left braid and pull it around the back of my head towards my right, like wrapping my hair except it isn't pulled tight across the back, it's more loose. Then I and pin it. I do the same with my right braid.

So my braids are done and sitting low in the back of my head. For those with longer hair (like you and Ballet Bun), you'll have more braid to work with and you may consider doubling up (or tripling up!) on your braids as you pin them. Or perhaps you can loop yours more in the back before you pin, which would look very pretty. There are many possibilities.

There are so many ways to accessorize also. I really love those single hair sticks Boadicea posted a link to. I saw a few that would really work with this style, like the Celtic one and other crystal ones.
smile.gif

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have other questions in case I missed a step or two.

I want to add that one of the ladies on another hairboard told me recently that she wears this style a lot and her hair is past waist length! More confirmation on this style being protective!

Thanks so much for the detailed 'how to' Isis
kiss.gif
i really needed the low down on this because everytime i started, i ended up looking like Pippi's black sister
laugh.gif
Now i think i can try this brading thing and getting it secured so it looks cute
smile.gif
i'm gonna attempt to get this right tonight so that i can wear this look to work tomorrow hopefully
wink.gif
Thanks again, jainygirl

rofl.gif
I had thoughts of being a black Pippi too when I first started braiding up my hair for bed!! Her braids always stuck straight out or at odd angles on her head.
laugh.gif

You're very welcome Jainygirl and I bet it will look beautiful on you with all of your long, thick hair!
smile.gif

Hey ... Don't make fun of the Black Pippy look ... lol! I use it at least once a week when I'm out. Well, it depends on which side of the ocean I'm on ... I dare not wear the Black Pippy style in the US at my age, but elsewhere ... I do what I want with my hair .

Isis ...thanks for the detailed instructions.

Back