ISH HRC (Hair Renewal Crystals) - Check this out!

Hey Ladies,

Someone PMed me a couple of months ago asking if I knew about this treatment. I had been meaning to research and post findings. Today I did. Any of you ladies hear of this??

Apparently they are specialized crystals which are flatironed and melted into the hair. What do you think about that direct heat application? :scratchch:

I was referred to a Stylist in Ft. Lauderdale who does the treatments. Anyone know of this? Here are links and information from the site:

Website Link:

http://www.ishrescue.com/ (Videos under Press Link)

Another Link with Application Instructions (How it works tab)
http://celebritysilkyhair.com/index.php

From Site:

The hair industry continues to experience rapid changes in technology and practice. It is common to see all types of hair undergo multiple chemical processes, in addition to the use of high-heat styling tools. As a result, we see more young people with pre-mature dry, dull and frizzy hair due to these popular yet damaging chemical and heat processes. Now, help is on the way! NelsonJ ISH Ionic Rescue family of products is the line specifically designed to effectively repair damaged hair, solving today's complicated hair problems.

NelsonJ ISH Ionic Rescue products utilize Ionic Technology and an exclusive botanical based ingredient-- HRCs (Hair Renewal Crystals). The creamy ionic conditioning base penetrates the hair shaft, preparing it to properly absorb the HRC ingredients which melt to the cortex and adhere to broken bonds within. When heat is applied, HRCs dissolve, infusing healing moisture into hair strands, which are repaired from the inside out.

HRC, a compound we have dubbed "Hair Renewal Crystals", is a botanical based ingredient derived from unique jojoba plants grown in the austere and unforgiving climate of the Sonoran Desert. The main components are hydrolyzed jojoba protein, jojoba butter, jojoba amino acids, and protein. These ingredients undergo 9 refining processes; the benefit to you is hair with rich moisture and long lasting shine. Unlike the NelsonJ ISH Ionic Rescue line, most other hair care products contain traditional silicones that create build up and block moisture from penetrating the hair shaft. HRCs, which are found in all NelsonJ ISH Ionic Rescue products, infuse new moisture, ensuring the start of healthy hair. Thanks to our exclusive HRC and Ionic Conditioning Technology, NelsonJ ISH Ionic Rescue is the world’s first heat-boosted, hair repair system.

Last edited:
Do they specialize in African American hair? Do they have any before and after pictures?

...I don't know.:sad:

More about the Salon Process:

An in-salon service, the ISH Ionic Rescue Treatment involves the following steps: after a cleansing shampoo, an ionic product containing HRC suspended within a creamy conditioning base is applied to sectioned hair. Next, a heated (80-100 degrees Celsius) flat iron is passed over the hair, allowing the creamy base to penetrate the hair shaft and preparing it to properly absorb the ingredients from the HRC, while infusing natural moisture and shine factors into the hair. The heat also dissolves the crystals, which go deep into the hair’s structure for maximum conditioning benefits. Once inside the shaft, these crystals target areas of damaged and broken bonds and begin their repair work. Finally, a rinse and quick dry leaves hair smoother, softer, and shinier. A quick and easy add-on treatment for hairdressers, the entire process takes only 30 minutes to one hour, with blow-out or styling time additional. The cost of treatment ranges from $60 to $150 depending on the length of hair, and the results last up to one month.

Its EXPENSIVE.

Bosslady, The salon I called in Ft. Lauderdale is was a Black Salon. She said she is always ontop of her product knowledge. I did see it featured in a Black Magazine (one of the references)

I am looking to hear what our resident hair experts have to say about it!

More about the Salon Process:

Bosslady, The salon I called in Ft. Lauderdale is was a Black Salon. She said she is always ontop of her product knowledge. I did see it featured in a Black Magazine (one of the references)

Honestly, your hair is growing without it.:yep: Hope someone gives you more info on it! I would try it but then again...

it sounds interresting the SHINE factor got my attention... Im gonna peak in from time to time to see info and from thoes who have had it or thinking about it.. Id like to see pics as well.

I bought this Pro Treatment from ISH and used it after my relaxer last week. I don't understand why it's meant to be a salon only treatment because it's not that serious. Anyway, it definitely made my hair very soft, smooth and shiny, no breakage. Definitely more so than my last relaxer. I didn't do a proper job because I saw some of the crystals in the shower when I rinsed. I'm just too impatient for these things, I guess. It took me about 10 minutes before I had enough and wanted to see the results already. And the crystals look more like black shower gel beads than anything else. I believe the container said they were jojoba beads. It also has an odd smell, which is reminiscent of Joy dish washing liquid in lemon, lol. I definitely need another go-round because my hair is fickle right after relaxers. This stuff is surely expensive unless you're a spendthrift like me and time consuming, if properly done. You will have fabulous looking hair, though. :yep:

Last edited:
Okay, I did a little research and this is my conclusion based upon the websites claims:

NelsonJ ISH Ionic Rescue products utilize Ionic Technology and an exclusive botanical based ingredient-- HRCs (Hair Renewal Crystals). The creamy ionic conditioning base penetrates the hair shaft, preparing it to properly absorb the HRC ingredients which melt to the cortex and adhere to broken bonds within. When heat is applied, HRCs dissolve, infusing healing moisture into hair strands, which are repaired from the inside out.

HRC, a compound we have dubbed "Hair Renewal Crystals", is a botanical based ingredient derived from unique jojoba plants grown in the austere and unforgiving climate of the Sonoran Desert. The main components are hydrolyzed jojoba protein, jojoba butter, jojoba amino acids, and protein. These ingredients undergo 9 refining processes; the benefit to you is hair with rich moisture and long lasting shine. Unlike the NelsonJ ISH Ionic Rescue line, most other hair care products contain traditional silicones that create build up and block moisture from penetrating the hair shaft. HRCs, which are found in all NelsonJ ISH Ionic Rescue products, infuse new moisture, ensuring the start of healthy hair. Thanks to our exclusive HRC and Ionic Conditioning Technology, NelsonJ ISH Ionic Rescue is the world’s first heat-boosted, hair repair system.

In response to the above, the "exclusive botanical based ingredient" can only be the leftovers from the jojoba seed itself. Let me break it down:

The jojoba is a plant that produces a flower and a seed (nut):

The jojoba oil is expelled from the nut. Most manufacturers of jojoba products extract the oil from the seed and do nothing with the remains, which are is called press cake or rines (kind of like if you squeeze the juice from a lemon, the lemon itself can be referred to as press cake). The jojoba seed itself contains 22-28% protein. The word "hydrolyzed' basically means to break something down with water (like watering down Kool-aid).

So basically, they take the press cake and chemically process it with water, which contains another 28-30% protein.

So you have oil and you have protein from two sources 1) the seed and 2) the press cake. Jojoba amino acids comes from the press cake as well.

So what's this secret ingredient? To me, it appears to just be the usage of the ENTIRE jojoba seed and not just the oil from the seed. The "Hair Renewal Crystals" is probably no more than the hard press cake ground up.

The refining process is basically the breaking down of each property in the jojoba seed in order to get to its natural state.

I'm sure you can achieve the same results by taking a trip to Arizona, locating a good Jojoba farm. Asking the farmer for a couple of seeds. Take those seeds and expel the oil, take the remains and grid them down and add water to get some sort of liquid or paste. Then adding such to your shampoos, conditioners, etc.

They really need to say that Jojoba is the new 30, I mean the new silicone. :lachen:

Again, this is my conclusion to this product. I'm sure it works well, afterall, jojoba is a really good oil and one of the largest cash cow oils in the industry.

He was on TV a couple of months ago...on like the Today Show or one of those morning shows and people were raving about him. Al I remember was it being REALLY expensive...however, it could be used on AA hair types.

Back