Is your hot oil treatment reaally working.....

blaque_syren

As I'm pretty sure everyone here knows, the purpose of a hot oil treatment is to condition the hair as well as to provide body and shine.

I recently learned that there are few oils that can really get the job done because they usually lack one key component, medium chain triglycerides, which are what allows it to penetrate the hair shaft. The higher percentage the oil has the better. So stuff like coconut oil, palm kernel oils *ojon* , and hair milks really can be effective!:yep: Milk fat has a high percentage of mcts as well.

Just curious any one consider pure 100% MCT oil for a hot treatment.

was it any better than using cocnut oil ?

yes there is such a thing ( it's certainly new to me :look:)

http://www.vitasprings.com/mct-oil-32-oz-now-foods.html

Runs to look at the ingredients of my Phytospecific Phytonectar oil treatment ....

This is definitely new to me. I usually steam in Vatika oil, EVCO or Phytonectar. So far, so good!

One more reason to :love: coconut oil.

Before I go out and purchase yet another bottle of oil can you provide a link to your research on how this is related to hair and hot oil treatments?

I use olive oil, it keeps my hair moisturized but I don't know about shine. My hair does not ever seems shiny unless I add products specifically for shine.

Back