Is your hair THICKER since you went natural?

I went from this
e78017ce-1.jpg

to this
IMG_1350-1.jpg

so yes, definite improvement in thickness

Most def YES for me. My hair was always thin and now it is soooo full and thick. This is it airdried
epm5n4.jpg

and after flat ironing it
5cx8j9.jpg

YES! My strands are still medium and fine in diameter, but I dont struggle with breakage anymore. I get to keep my hair from root to tip and that results in thicker hair overall.

Hey, I wonder if texlaxed ladies are different. As for my texlaxed hair, it was still thick, Maybe relaxing your hair strait makes your hair look thinner.:scratchch

My hair is more dense, but the strands aren't really thick. My strands are on the thinnish side. Definitely more bulk, though...id say I have medium density...not suuuuper dense, but still denser than when I was relaxed.

much thicker! which is a gift and a curse, my hair was thick even when i had a relaxer now its just HUGE...lol

No, not at all. I thought my hair would be thicker when I stopped relaxing. My hair is still fine, but I can sometimes make it look fuller with different styling techniques.

Oh YES my hair is very thick now compared to my relaxed hair. After 26 years of overprocessing my hair with relaxers my hair was very thin and lifeless. I look at old pictures and wonder WTF was I thinking :grin:

Back