Is your hair s'pose to feel stripped after protein treatment?

CharUK

"Honestly, Truly"
Is your hair s\'pose to feel stripped after protein treatment?

I've just used nexxus emergencee, and this is the second time my hair felt stripped as I put it into my hair, it felt even worse when I rinsed it out.

I'm now onto my 30 minute deep conditioning, which is making my hair feel much better.

I just want to know if it's normal?

x

Re: Is your hair s\'pose to feel stripped after protein treatment?

Yes. Protein treatments and polymeric treatments aren't "feel good" products. They are designed to strengthen the hair.

That can sometimes leave the hair feeling rough and brittle. I don't know about '"stripped" - people have different definitions of that word - but it can leave the hair feeling less than silky.

I don't personally find I have this problem with Nexxus tho. You may want to consider adding it to one of the other Nexxus conditioners - Humectress or Keraphix - to counteract the feeling you described. Failing that, you may want to consider that Emergencee may just not be for you.

Mine does, but as Tracy mentioned, since the purpose is to strengthen, it doesn't bother me. Also, I usually follow up with a deep moisturizing treatment. Another option may be to try another product. I have seen rave reviews about Aubrey Organics GPB and some of the ladies have said their hair feels soft afterward. I am trying to use the bulk of my products before buying new ones, but that is definitely on my "to try" list /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Yes, Emergencee made my hair feel like sandpaper! I shampooed out as directed and followed with a moisturizing conditioner. Problem solved! /images/graemlins/smile.gif I agree with the others that protein treatments aren't "feel-good products." However, some feel way better than others! I love Elucence EMRT for this reason! Emergencee is alright, I guess (dodging bullets /images/graemlins/look.gif), but it did nothing for me. I am so glad that I bought the small bottle!

Thanks ladies! At the moment I'm using it once every 1-2 months to strengthen my hair while transisitioning, my hair felt like silk about an hour and a half deep conditioning with lustrasilk cholesterol, I followed up with suave milk and honey, heaven! Only thing now is, the following morning and my hair is dry and crispy (I have wave nouveau) so i'm gonna have to get some serious moisture into my hair!

x

Back