Is Your Hair Damaged?

Coffee

Is your hair damaged?

Would you even know if it was?

The majority of women don't realize they have damaged hair. Run your fingers through your hair. Compare the texture of the strands at the crown of your head to those at the nape of your neck. Does the texture change from strand to strand or from roots to ends? Varying texture is one sign of damage.

Damage can be caused by many things: heat styling, chemical treatments, lack of proteins, etc.

The best way to fight damage is by stopping it before it starts. Split ends are inevitable; but without damage prevention they'll return quicker and lengthen, moving up the hair shaft causing hair to appear dry and frizzy.

Here are some articles and recommended products to help prevent and reverse damage:

The texture of the hair at my crown is naturally TOTALLY different from the hair at my nape. If I didn't know that and believed that first bit I'd drive myself crazy trying to figure out why my hair was so consistently damaged, lol.

The texture of the hair at my crown is naturally TOTALLY different from the hair at my nape. If I didn't know that and believed that first bit I'd drive myself crazy trying to figure out why my hair was so consistently damaged, lol.

i agree! the oldest part of your hair should feel different too!

Back