Is using a hooded dryer to Deep Condition, bad for ur hair??

maryj1584

I heard somewhere, that using a heating cap is better for your hair. i dont know if this has negative effects. I have been doing this for about 6 months, and my hair condtion has improved vs when I did not use heat at all to Deep Condition. Is there something that I dont know??

Miosy said:
Some conditoners penetrate better with heat :)
THT
ITA! I notice a big difference when I use my hooded dryer to dc than when I just sleep in the conditioner (w/o heat). It shouldn't dmamge your hair because it's not really blwoing on your hair-it's heating the conditioner on your hair under a plastic cap.

I dont think sooo I think using a hooded dryer is okay but the shop i go to uses a steam dryer which i think is way better

no its good idea. the heat from the dryer opens the hair cuticle allowing the conditioner to penetrate. when you rinse the conditioner out rinse with cold water to seal the cuticle.

I use a steamer, I prefer it more than the hooded dryer as I feel that he latter starts to make the conditioner feel dry inyour hair rather than moistured like the steamer does.

My hair does not like dryer heat when doing a deep conditioning. I found that my hair was feeling dry and not as moisturized as I felt it should.

Instead, I use a heat cap for a minimum of an hour over a regular plastic bag. My hair comes out of the cap feeling wet and moisturized (I DT on dry hair). I then rinse initially with very warm water, followed by cool/cold to seal the cuticle. I detangle after the cool/cold water rinse.

Hey lonei, How long do you steam your hair for, does the condtioner get warm in ur hair, do u feel that it still has slip, cause I did a steaming treatment at a salon, and I felt that the conditioner did not quite work as well, maybe I was wrong though, maybe I should look into buyig a portable steamer.
thanks

lonei said:
I use a steamer, I prefer it more than the hooded dryer as I feel that he latter starts to make the conditioner feel dry inyour hair rather than moistured like the steamer does.

Back