Is this hair-dangerous????

thebelleofelle

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!!:party::yay:

Well I'm coming to you ladies, again, with a different question. I attempted to do a braid out but I'm not liking how fuzzy my roots are, 7 months post. So yeh, I really don't want to have to wash/co wash cuz I want to perm this weekend and don't want to irritate my roots. So I'm asking is it hair dangerous to round brush and blow dry my hair straight??

TIA

P.S. of course I'll use a heat protectant :yep:

I wouldn't do it myself, cuz it seems like the blowdrying would defeat the purpose of the braid-out (as a protective style). I would suggest stretching your roots first, like in ponytails. So, if your hair is dry now, go section by section, re-moisten, and ponytail. I like to use a creamy leave-in for this, it seems to work better (once the hair is dry, I mean).

Also, if you have any of those silver clips, you know, the ones they use for roller sets, I use those to flatten out areas of my roots that get puffed up by the ponytail itself (if that makes sense).

thankx for the advice honeybee..I wasn't really trying to ps i wanted to see how I'd look with a braidout. a twist out suits me marvelously. just wanted to see.

but blackbarbietea the question is, is it okay to blow dry hair straight from braidout without having to re-wash.

Back