Is This Considered a Protein Conditioner?

AtlantaJJ

Salerm Deep Impact - a Protein Conditioner?

yhst-2926993581959_1969_31767266

[FONT=arial, helvetica]This product is rich, moisturising deep-action mask, which instantly brings treated hair back to its normal condition. It uses an exclusive MULTI LEVEL SYSTEM repair treatment, which acts on the outside of the hairwith silk proteins. DEEP IMPACT makes hair extremely soft and shiny right down to the roots, with deep-action, multi level repair treatment.

Ingredients:
Water, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Ceramide-3, Serica Silk, Aloe Barbanenis Leaf Exresct, Panthenol, Amodimethicone, PolyQuaternium-57, Trideceth-12, Peg-8 Dimethicone, Lauryl Glocoside, Sodium MethylParaben, Cetrimonium Chloride, Peg-8 Ricinoleate, Disodium Edta, Fragrance, Citric Acid.

I've used it once and it left my hair soft and fluffy. I'm using it today and I have to pay attention to if it provides any slip.

Has anyone else used this? How did it work out for you over time?
TIA:clapping:
[/FONT]

Last edited:
I was searching around the internet for some of these ingredients and found this intresting web site with a ton of hair product ingredients and what they do:

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=145986

I found this interesting tidbit of information about one of the 'cones in the conditoner:

<<Amodimethicone is a silicone hair conditioning agent. Cetrimonium
Chloride and Trideceth-12 prevent this substance from building up on
the hair.

"Silicones can also be prevented from building up on hair by combining
them to still other ingredients, for instance amodimethicone with
tricedeth-12 and with cetrimonium chloride.">>

I did't know that :-)

thats very interesting atlanta!! thanks. not to hijack your thread but i was just wondering about a conditioner i have. i'll be back with the info:grin:

eta: ok..the conditioner is elucence extended moisture repair treatment.
on the bottle it says:

wheat proteins strengthen and fortify weak h air. palnt polysaccharides surge moisture to inner hair structure.

on the back it says:
deep penetrating treatment for extremely dry, damaged or breaking hair
deep penetrating formula remoisturizes dry, brittle hair
fortifies weak, damaged hair, improving elasticity and strength
moisture locking formula can be used after any chemical service
helps repair damaged ends with proteins and polysaccharides
dramatically increases body and shine on dull, dry hair.

after you shampoo you are to put this on and leave on for 10-20minutes under heated dryer then rinse.

so i just thought that this was a protein treatment, a light one. it doesnt say to follow up with a moisturizing conditioner though:look:

Last edited:
Hey there HBG - I have that conditioner too, I love the way it makes my hair feel. I thought it was definately a protein conditoner...but I didn't feel the need to use a moist conditioner after it, just Fermodyl 619 I think... that's a good question too!! LOL

I'm glad you asked...now where are those protein experts... :look:

ETA: I found this at Curlmart
Elucence Extended Moisture Repair Treatment

Ingredients: Purified Water, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein (and) Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Guarhydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Sulfate, Hydrolyzed Silk, Acetamide MEA, Phenoxyethanol (and) DMDM Hydantion (and) Methylparaben (and) Propylparaben, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Blue1, Yellow 5, Yellow 6, Red 40.

I think that is considered a light protein and does not need a follow up with the moisture conditioner unless it's a leave in....that's a guess.

Last edited:
great!!! and yes where are the protein experts?!!?!?:grin:
i thought it was light protein but wasnt sure. i plan on using it weekly with the elucence mb as my leave in. i havent tried the extended yet though. i will next sunday....i cant wait!!:grin:

Re: Salerm Deep Impact - a Protein Conditioner?

yhst-2926993581959_1969_31767266

[FONT=arial, helvetica]This product is rich, moisturising deep-action mask, which instantly brings treated hair back to its normal condition. It uses an exclusive MULTI LEVEL SYSTEM repair treatment, which acts on the outside of the hairwith silk proteins. DEEP IMPACT makes hair extremely soft and shiny right down to the roots, with deep-action, multi level repair treatment.

Ingredients:
Water, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Ceramide-3, Serica Silk, Aloe Barbanenis Leaf Exresct, Panthenol, Amodimethicone, PolyQuaternium-57, Trideceth-12, Peg-8 Dimethicone, Lauryl Glocoside, Sodium MethylParaben, Cetrimonium Chloride, Peg-8 Ricinoleate, Disodium Edta, Fragrance, Citric Acid.

I've used it once and it left my hair soft and fluffy. I'm using it today and I have to pay attention to if it provides any slip.

Has anyone else used this? How did it work out for you over time?
TIA:clapping:
[/FONT]

I haven't used it but I am guessing it is a light moisturizing protein like ORS replenishing pack. The aloe is a plant protein, the silk also strengthen and the panthenol strengthens and helps the hair hold moisture. behentrimonium chloride helps soften the hair. It also acts like a surfactant when you co-wash.

Hey there HBG - I have that conditioner too, I love the way it makes my hair feel. I thought it was definately a protein conditoner...but I didn't feel the need to use a moist conditioner after it, just Fermodyl 619 I think... that's a good question too!! LOL

I'm glad you asked...now where are those protein experts... :look:

ETA: I found this at Curlmart
Elucence Extended Moisture Repair Treatment

Ingredients: Purified Water, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein (and) Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Guarhydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Sulfate, Hydrolyzed Silk, Acetamide MEA, Phenoxyethanol (and) DMDM Hydantion (and) Methylparaben (and) Propylparaben, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Blue1, Yellow 5, Yellow 6, Red 40.

I think that is considered a light protein and does not need a follow up with the moisture conditioner unless it's a leave in....that's a guess.

This product has a twin....Elasta qp breakage control serum. It is a light protein and helps add alot of shine to the hair (in my experience) but you do need to follow it with a moisture treatment.

I haven't used it but I am guessing it is a light moisturizing protein like ORS replenishing pack. The aloe is a plant protein, the silk also strengthen and the panthenol strengthens and helps the hair hold moisture. behentrimonium chloride helps soften the hair. It also acts like a surfactant when you co-wash.

thanks for telling me that! i have ors replenishing pack too, i havent used it yet though

thanks for telling me that! i have ors replenishing pack too, i havent used it yet though

What, you haven't used it yet?!!! It is some of the best conditioner eva.....light protein but so moisturizing that you don't need to follow it up with anything else, super conditioning and detangling.

What, you haven't used it yet?!!! It is some of the best conditioner eva.....light protein but so moisturizing that you don't need to follow it up with anything else, super conditioning and detangling.

nope, i picked it up earlier this week and today i would have used it but i forgot about it until i was finished:grin:
but it will stay on the shelf now that i have that elucence stuff:lick:. i'm totally loving elucence right now!!:yep:

This product has a twin....Elasta qp breakage control serum. It is a light protein and helps add alot of shine to the hair (in my experience) but you do need to follow it with a moisture treatment.
Your hair looks so soft and healthy , thanks you for the info on the conditioners....the Elasta QP costs a lot less than the Elucence!! I remember seeing it in the BSS

HBG we sound alike...got all this stuff now we have to figure out exactly what it is and how and when to use it :-) :drunk::spinning:

HBG we sound alike...got all this stuff now we have to figure out exactly what it is and how and when to use it :-) :drunk::spinning:

i know but i buy it thinking i know but then find something else out!:spinning:
i'm cool now though. i am absolutely loving eluence!!! i put aveda down:look:
shhh...dont tell noone though

shush girl!!!! :lachen:i just love how soft and how well elucence detangles my hair. i'm ready to get the whole line. actually the new hairstylist relaxed my hair with elucence. its all good in the hood because my gf, actually have 2, that get a huge discount so i make out like a bandit and even better, of course, than buying aveda. the conditioners and stuff are like half off for me!:grin: thats what i'm talking about!!!!

shush girl!!!! :lachen:i just love how soft and how well elucence detangles my hair. i'm ready to get the whole line. actually the new hairstylist relaxed my hair with elucence. its all good in the hood because my gf, actually have 2, that get a huge discount so i make out like a bandit and even better, of course, than buying aveda. the conditioners and stuff are like half off for me!:grin: thats what i'm talking about!!!!

All I had to see where the two key words half off.....I don't blame you at all, you betta stock up

i know but i buy it thinking i know but then find something else out!:spinning:
i'm cool now though. i am absolutely loving eluence!!! i put aveda down:look:
shhh...dont tell noone though
oooooh I'm gonna start a new thread and tell on you!! Eluence is the bomb though girl! I'm scared of Aveda...they like their products too much for me $$$

:yep: Yo, gym is not lying!! You have got to use the pack! I slept on it, too, and now I am down for life. It is an unbelievable conditioner!

Back