Is this bad for my hair?..i hope not.

HairTemptress

i bought the Domincian Deep Conditioner the Silicone Mix thiis one is made by Avanti in the white bottle with the blue and red writeing. Now this deep conditioner makes my hair extremly soft. Even airdryed my hair feels amazing.

Now i have never found a conditioner that makesmy hair feel as good as the Silicon Mix.

So0o0o0o0 i have been using it as a co-wash.:ohwell: I co-was maybe evey 2-3 days. My routine is i wet my hair, put a little bit of the product in,leave in for about 5 minutes and then wash it out. My hair feels amaxing after..:lick:

Could this be dangerous for my hair.

I don't know, but I'm hooked on it too. I just got the leave in conditioner with protein and pearl extract. It's only been a few days so I can't really give a review yet. It smells really good though.

I don't understand the question I guess. Many many many people swear by Silicon Mix. I guess your hair will let you know soon...This has been on my "To Buy" for a long time.

Are you worried about over-conditioning your hair?

This is a DC, right? Every 2 or 3 days might be too much (even though it's only being left on for 5 minutes), but if your hair likes it, then go for it.

Your hair will let you know if you need to make any adjustments to your routine.

I know what you mean. You are cowashing (not DCing) with something that's mostly used for DCing. I cowash with Skala Masques (meant for DCs) daily and I have no probs. I throw in a cowash with a protein con (Mane n Tail) about once a week just to keep mushy hair at bay.

ETA: Oh and my daily leave in has some protein in it too.

Last edited:
Only real harm is it disappearing real quick. It at least has a little keratin to delay moisture overload. Don't go crazy like me and mix it with something else really moisturizing (HE long term relationship) for co washing. Moisture overload..
Maybe co wash with it once a week, every day/ every few days maybe be much... and that jar will go bye bye reaalll quick

Last edited:
@Muse: That is exactly what i meant, i am using a DC as a Co-wash. I guess if my hair starts to get angry at me it will tell me...it always does..lol.

Thanks ladies for the replies..i appreciate it.

Back