Is this a Protein or Moisturizing Deep Conditioner? Good Ingredients??e

MaryJane3000

I have this restorative masque that I bought in the beginning of my hair journey that I'm currently trying to finish using up. I'm not going to state the brand just yet because I want you chemists out there to tell me what you think of it based off of the ingredients. I can't tell if its moisturizing or a protein treatment, although it says that it fortifies your hair to make it up to 42% stronger.

The ingredients are as follows: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Petrolatum, Cetyl Esters, Trideceth-10, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Trideceth-5, Soybean Oil, Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone, Poloxamer 407, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium-32, Mineral Oil, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Propylene Glycol, Apple Fruit Extract, Propylene Glycol, Lemon Peel Extract, Sugar Cane Stalk Extract, Perfume, Polyquaternium-10, Polyacrylamide, Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Simethicone, Linalool, Dodecene, Amyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronella, Hexyl Cinnamal, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

This is not a conditioner I would use on my hair. I avoid products containing petroleum (not sure what "petrolatum" is but it sounds like it is related), mineral oil, cones (I see several), or parabens. I prefer natural products in general, but I know some of these ingredients are things that many ladies here avoid.

I do not see a protein on here (perhaps I'm missing something though).

I don't think it's considered a protein but my hair feels stronger with it but not moisturized enough to be a moisturizing dc for me. I don't know what it is. I still have some in the cabinet I need to use up. I bought this when I first started my hair journey also.

yea its a little confusing to me. I used it tonight because my moisture protein balance was under control and i didn't want to go overboard in any direction, but i followed it up with a moisturizing deep conditioner mixed with honey. Im just a little baffled by the ingredients

Back