Is this a good method?

Wildchild453

When I hit waist I stop
I'm planning(hoping) to keep my hair braided from Sept to Feb/Mar, bascially the whole NY fall/winter. I plan on redoing them every week since I don't plan on getting extensions. I personally hate them.

Another thing I hate is parting my hair. I was wondering if it was possible to wash and condition my hair while it was in braids and then go one by one taking down one and re-braiding so I don't have to do new parts?

I figure it might take me a little longer but it would keep my from getting frustrated. So, what you ladies think?

Re-braiding is a great idea. I do it all the time which is cool because I do not have to comb my hair or re-part. The only thing is, make sure your hair is dry before you attempt to unloose the braid and rebraid. Wet hair will cause breakage.

Yeah, that's a great idea. I now have braids with extensions, but for the past 5 months, I was just braiding my natural hair and rebraiding. However, I usually rebraided when my hair was damp so that I could gently comb and easily remove any knots at the end of my hair (my hair is 4B, so it knots easily and is best manipulated when wet.)

But I did notice that when I rebraid my hair when it is dry, my braids were MUCH longer. So if I had knots at the end, I would mist with water and apply some castor oil and it was all good.:grin:

Last edited:
poetist said:
Yeah, that's a great idea. I now have braids with extensions, but for the past 5 months, I was just braiding my natural hair and rebraiding. However, I usually rebraided when my hair was damp so that I could gently comb and easily remove any knots at the end of my hair (my hair is 4B, so it knots easily and is best manipulated when wet.)

But I did notice that when I rebraid my hair when it is dry, my braids were MUCH longer. So if I had knots at the end, I would mist with water and apply some castor oil and it was all good.:grin:

Yes, I do the same!

Back