Is this a double standard?

Cali*Rocks

I have a really good girlfriend who is bi.... however she is now in a committed relationship with a man. She is very openly bi however a few months into the relationship her man told her he was bi also. She's grossed out and told me she is thinking about ending the relationship.

Do you guys think it more socially acceptable for women to be bi sexual than men? What are your thoughts..

She's bi, and it's okay for her to be bisexual, but whoever she's messing with, whether it's a male or a female, they have to be straight?

I don't get it.

Someone help me understand, I feel it's a double standard, but I don't know what's acceptable with bi-sexuals individuals.

^^^ I kind of don't get it either but that's what she said. She is even willing to break up with him because of it. I kinda figured that it would be a match made in heaven with two bi people.. but I guess not :perplexed

She does not find homosexual males and/or acts appealing. The idea of two men being together does not appeal to her. It's her right, as funny as it may sound.

Did you ask her why she felt that way?

Yes it's a double standard...and I don't understand because 2 women together is just as unappealing as 2 men together.

She does not find homosexual males and/or acts appealing. The idea of two men being together does not appeal to her. It's her right, as funny as it may sound.

Did you ask her why she felt that way?

No I have not asked her but my personal opinion is that her being bi is sort of a trendy thing... I'm not positive but that's just what I believe.

^^^ I kind of don't get it either but that's what she said. She is even willing to break up with him because of it. I kinda figured that it would be a match made in heaven with two bi people.. but I guess not :perplexed

You'd think they'd be the perfect match, wouldn't you?:lachen:

Goodness you'd think they'd ride off to Bi-Heaven. I don't get it either way. I don't have a problem with Gays or Straight But bi is kind of bi-polar to me. You never know where they are coming from. One day they are with you and the next minute they may leave you for someone else of the same sex they are.

It is a double standard and I would not want to be in that situation

its a double standard to me, but everybody has their own reasons for why something is okay with them or not and lots of people justify why their behavior is okay but why when another does it they are appalled...and it usually has something to do with who they are as a person and their own subconscious thoughts and feelings they are unaware of no matter what they may be saying consciously outwards...

The difference in the way that female versus male bisexuality is received is the only sexual double standard in our society which favors women. IMO, anyone who accepts female bisexuality and shuns male bisexuality is exhibiting this double standard. As with everything thing else sexual, IMO, if it's good (or bad) for one, it should be good (or bad) for all.

Back