Is That True

Chemetria

The longer you want to relax your hair when do relax do have to leave the relaxer on longer because they claim that's why I got burnt cause I waited to long to relax so they had to leave it on longer

If your processing time is 25 min, then it is 25 min whether you have .5" or 5" of new growth. JMHO.

Are you asking if the longer you stretch, the longer your relaxer has to stay on to get it straight, which can cause burning?

i think you got burnt because they didn't do their job right.

i have heard that virgin hair will sometimes be more resistant to relaxing... and that relaxing over a long period of time can cause the chemicals to seep through your skin and affect the hair, making it partially altered before it even pops up through the skin. it's referred to as "scab hair" on other hair sites relating to natural hair and transitioning. so... maybe that has something to do with it?

i still think they probably did something wrong, and are using this as a way to shift the blame on to you. you still shouldn't have gotten burnt IMO...

Are you talking about stretching? The longer that you wait to retouch then the longer you have to leave the chemical relax your hair?????:eek: No way. The chemical processes in the same amount of time everytime. What they may be saying is that if you come more frequently we will overlap your relaxer because you don't have has much new growth and we wont leave it on very long so that we do not over process your already relaxed hair. Which = overprocessing anyway. They are crazy. :mad: You need to find another stylist or have a trusted friend who knows what they are doing relax your hair on your next touchup. You can stretch as long as your hair can take it without breakage.

RZILYNT said:
Are you talking about stretching? The longer that you wait to retouch then the longer you have to leave the chemical relax your hair?????:eek: No way. The chemical processes in the same amount of time everytime. What they may be saying is that if you come more frequently we will overlap your relaxer because you don't have has much new growth and we wont leave it on very long so that we do not over process your already relaxed hair. Which = overprocessing anyway. They are crazy. :mad: You need to find another stylist or have a trusted friend who knows what they are doing relax your hair on your next touchup. You can stretch as long as your hair can take it without breakage.

yes, thank you! i should've said this too...

yes I am saying that they said that I burnt because I waited 5 months to relax my hair so they claim they had to leave it on longer cause of that reason that's BS if you ask my and thank you ladies

like 40 mins I am just happy I still have my hair they ain't got to worry about me no more cause they won't get no more of my money and then thay said it didn't take well what the hell ever who know finding a good stylist would be so hard

Last edited:
ladylibra said:
i think you got burnt because they didn't do their job right.

i have heard that virgin hair will sometimes be more resistant to relaxing... and that relaxing over a long period of time can cause the chemicals to seep through your skin and affect the hair, making it partially altered before it even pops up through the skin. it's referred to as "scab hair" on other hair sites relating to natural hair and transitioning. so... maybe that has something to do with it?

i still think they probably did something wrong, and are using this as a way to shift the blame on to you. you still shouldn't have gotten burnt IMO...

Isn't this some ish?! My hairdresser burnt off my right temple 2 touch ups ago and when I went back and confronted him about this, he said I was bald there because my hair is getting long and heavy and the hairline can't handle the weight!!! I'm slow sometimes, but not STUPID :mad:

Hon, I hope your hair is not overprocessed and I hope even more that your burns will heal quickly. Call up the manufacturer of the relaxer, find out what the maximum recommended processing time is for virgin hair (it will probably be 25-30min) and go to the stylist with this information. If they refuse to listen, offer free services or free products, then call the BBB!

Chemetria said:
like 40 mins I am just happy I still have my hair they ain't got to worry about me no more cause they won't get no more of my money and then thay said it didn't take well what the hell ever who know finding a good stylist would be so hard

40 minutes?!?!?!? :eek: oh HALYE naw...

that was all them, honey. trust me i used some strong no-lye relaxers back in the day and my hair never ever got straight with any of them. your hair is not gonna get any straighter after 25-30 minutes... the chemicals are just gonna eat at your hair and scalp and whatever else is in reach.

Cleve_gryl said:
Isn't this some ish?! My hairdresser burnt off my right temple 2 touch ups ago and when I went back and confronted him about this, he said I was bald there because my hair is getting long and heavy and the hairline can't handle the weight!!! I'm slow sometimes, but not STUPID :mad:
This is definitely in the top 5 dumbest things I've ever heard in my life :lol:

Make sure you pay close attention to your hair and be gentle with it in the next week or so. If you start experiencing some major shedding you are definitely going to want to do a protein treatment of some sort. This time next week you might want to do one anyway. Definitely don't go back there! :nono: I can't believe they are in business doing stuff like that :mad:

In my younger days, I would have said - :censored::swearing::censored: Let's burn that sucker DOWN!!! :bud::whip::bud:

Back