Is Texlaxed a Fancy Word For Underprocessed?

InJesusName

Ladies, I ran into my old stylist and she was like "you need to come and see me..." I told her I did was not relaxing my hair bone straight anymore, but texlaxing it. She laughed and told me there was no such thing--that texlaxing was just a fancy word for underprocessed and that not allowing a relaxer to stay in the full time would cause breakage. I am still kinda new, so I was wondering what ya'll thought? Is she right or is she just mad that I don't patronize her shop anymore?:look:

I do mean underprocessed when I say texlaxed, so in my case shes right, about everything.

Technically there is no such thing as texlaxed outside of LHCF. But if the end result is what you were after, then no you are not underprocessed. If you wanted a looser pattern, then you could consider it underprocessed. If you wanted your hair to have more texture, then you would be overprocessed.

I think the breakage occurs when people try to treat hair that retains more texture as if it were bone straight. Or if they have bone straight hair and texlaxed hairs on the same head and they don't treat the hair accordingly. You can break either one just as easily depending on how you treat it.

I think its between bone str8 and texturized.....For me my hair does this as a result of me stretching because when I relaxed my hair every 4 to 5 weeks and leave it on for 5 minutes it would take me bone str8.....now after 11 weeks I can leave it on up to 15 min. and it still leaves me with alot of texture. I think it depends on the hair also.

leleepop said:
I think its between bone str8 and texturized.....For me my hair does this as a result of me stretching because when I relaxed my hair every 4 to 5 weeks and leave it on for 5 minutes it would take me bone str8.....now after 11 weeks I can leave it on up to 15 min. and it still leaves me with alot of texture. I think it depends on the hair also.

Same here! Now that i stretch my relaxers longer..... the stylist still applies the touch-up in the same way, and also rinses it out in the same time. So this means that it's not taking my relaxer bone straight, which is GREAT for me being that my hair is so fine/thin anyway.

She's right about texlaxed and underprocessed being the same thing, she's wrong about everything else.

Back