Is someone putting you on blast?

PinkPeony

I try to keep LHCF to myself how come my friends and DH don't get it?
I wish I never told them about LHCF.
DH keeps talking with everyone about me and LHCF.
I mean he tries to help me but it gets on my nerves.
He having conversations with his blk female co-workers about their hair routine,asking them for product recommendations and stuff like that and he ALWAYS makes a point to let them know Iam REALLY into haircare and talk with my friends on the Internet about it ALL the time.
Yesterday he came home all proud b/c he had one of these convo's again.
Apparently his co-worker has MBL hair(according to him so I take it with a grain of salt:look: ) and she uses Mane'n Tail.
Good I think,he put me on blast again but maybe I can learn something this time.
So I try to get him t describe her hair and he just goes*your hair is thick... hers is not it's different*
Is he talking about hair type or that my hair is texlaxed and her's bonestraight?
After I ask him one more time what's the difference between our hair he puts up his hands and holds each about 2 inches from his head*your hair is like that,very thick... her's is slick on her head*.
Well this convo was going nowhere so I just give up and give him the ,LHCF-is-my-secret talk.:ohwell:

Is there someone in your life that is putting you on blast or did in the past when it comes to LHCF and your haircare journey?

Some of my close girlfriends refer to the "hair website" when we're out around somewhere... it used to bother me but with all the progess I'm making DAMN if anybody knows I talk about hair alllll the time on the internet... hell some of them NEED to:lol:

But I try to keep it to a minimum of people actually knowing, or catching what they are talking about. Once I hit BSL then I'll shout from the rooftops I'm obsessed with hair... at that time I will have the right!!

I just posted in a thread in the Off topic forum about this...this is why I only told 2 people about LHCF, because I know only those who have a hair obsession can appreciate this site:lol: .

MsDee4 said:
Some of my close girlfriends refer to the "hair website" when we're out around somewhere... it used to bother me but with all the progess I'm making DAMN if anybody knows I talk about hair alllll the time on the internet... hell some of them NEED to:lol:

But I try to keep it to a minimum of people actually knowing, or catching what they are talking about. Once I hit BSL then I'll shout from the rooftops I'm obsessed with hair... at that time I will have the right!!

LAWD:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

@KLB
the thing is my friends and DH are to MUCH into my haircare
He always makes a point to check his friends and family if they don't compliment on my hair
*Look at Ella,her hair has grown so much hasn't it?It's beautiful... she takes good care of it,she always talks with her friends online about it*
DANG!:ohwell:

I tell my DH not to discuss my hair business with anyone. I feel it is personal. I don't want to hear anyone's snide remarks about growing hair especially from his family.

ella said:

@KLB
He always makes a point to check his friends and family if they don't compliment on my hair
*Look at Ella,her hair has grown so much hasn't it?It's beautiful... she takes good care of it,she always talks with her friends online about it*

Girl, this is too funny!! :lol:

ella said:

:lachen: awwwwwww.. I want a hubby who cares about my intrests this much!!

ella said:

@KLB

aww you DH is cute.. if im at home and on the internet my mom always got to tell everyone thats comes in that im on the internet learning how to grow hair even if im not... my bf feels the need to tell people that im hair obsessed and go on the internet to grow my hair.. I wouldn't mind so much if I had the hair to show for it. I

Your DH trying to describe the other lady's hair was too funny!:lol:

Sometimes when I start telling DH something he'll ask me,"Wait, is this one of your friends I know or one of those imaginary friends on the hair board?"

ella said:
He having conversations with his blk female co-workers about their hair routine,asking them for product recommendations and stuff like that and he ALWAYS makes a point to let them know Iam REALLY into haircare and talk with my friends on the Internet about it ALL the time.
Yesterday he came home all proud b/c he had one of these convo's again.

Ella - this is hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol: . Your dh is a trip.......really cute but be glad you got a DH who cares because I'm still looking for mine :).

camellia said:

Sometimes when I start telling DH something he'll ask me,"Wait, is this one of your friends I know or one of those imaginary friends on the hair board?"

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: now that was a good one!

camellia said:
"Wait, is this one of your friends I know or one of those imaginary friends on the hair board?"

Ya'll are killin' me. This reminds me of the imaginary friends that children have :lachen: :lachen: . Tell him we are REAL :lol: .

camellia said:

Too Funny!!!!

Your baby is adorable!!!!!!!!!

camellia said:
"Wait, is this one of your friends I know or one of those imaginary friends on the hair board?"

oh gosh... my friends ask me that WHENEVER i get ready to tell a story..
I'm like :mad: SHUT UP!!! :lol: sad part is... 3 out of 5 times it IS someone from here that the story is about... :lachen:

nycutiepie said:
Ya'll are killin' me. This reminds me of the imaginary friends that children have :lachen: :lachen: . Tell him we are REAL :lol: .

Oh, he just thinks he's funny. I call him over to look at people's albums all the time.

tld723 said:
Too Funny!!!!

Your baby is adorable!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!:)

MsDee4 said:
I'm like SHUT UP!!! sad part is... 3 out of 5 times it IS someone from here that the story is about...

This is me too. My sisters think it's so funny when I don't know someone's real name and I have to use her screen name.:lol:

MsDee4 said:
I'm like :mad: SHUT UP!!! :lol: sad part is... 3 out of 5 times it IS someone from here that the story is about... :lachen:

I have a cousin that kids me about it, but then she will say" ask one of your "hair people" how to do something or what products to use!!!!!!:lachen:

My sisters do, anytime I get a compliment or the topic of hair comes up they make sure to tell people that I post pictures of my hair online and I am on a site were all we do is talk about hair.

They are soo ridiculous with it, they make it sound nutty...like "she takes pics of the back of her head" lol. They even have their husbands in on it, they ask me if we talked about how we wore our hair today, lol.

I guess I am just becoming immune to the jokes, and I don't try to defend myself anymore because it is hard to make a hair forum sound normal to most people.:grin:

My Dh thinks its too werid that we gather here to talk about hair and that some women keep pictures of their hair. He wont tell anyone for fear that folks will think we are weird. I mean he gets it, but he doesnt think its that serious of a matter to warrant all this. He is like "just wash it and plait it will grow what you need to talk about it for"?

His hair is longer than mine:lachen:

Ineedhair said:
I tell my DH not to discuss my hair business with anyone. I feel it is personal. I don't want to hear anyone's snide remarks about growing hair especially from his family.

I do to but he just gets excited and carried away every time:perplexed

@MsDee
be careful what you wish for:grin:

@Kisskiss
exactly,I don't have much to show either:lol:

@Camellia
yeah he has a way with words... sometimes I wonder f we talk the same language
your DH is cute... imaginary friends...lol:lachen:

nycutiepie said:
Ella - this is hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol: . Your dh is a trip.......really cute but be glad you got a DH who cares because I'm still looking for mine :).

You will find yours too;)

@Onahairquest
can your dh call mine please and explain to him that he's gonna make me look like a weirdo if he keeps telling god and the world about my hair hobby:look:

I discuss my hair journey with Dh only. He knows everything but I asked him not to discuss. When I tried to tell females I knew about hair care and the site they said I was coocoo.

STLCoverGirl said:
My sisters do, anytime I get a compliment or the topic of hair comes up they make sure to tell people that I post pictures of my hair online and I am on a site were all we do is talk about hair.

They are soo ridiculous with it, they make it sound nutty...like "she takes pics of the back of her head" lol. They even have their husbands in on it, they ask me if we talked about how we wore our hair today, lol.

I guess I am just becoming immune to the jokes, and I don't try to defend myself anymore because it is hard to make a hair forum sound normal to most people.:grin:
Awww wow,I thought I had it bad.:perplexed

Awww ella...that is too cute! He is supporting you...in the wrong way but support nonetheless.

I have a few family members that put me on blast and it is annoying ...I don't mind folks knowing I care about my hair but don't make me look obssessed...even though i am. and its all in the tone too. Then they start joking about what would I do if they cut it. FOOLS. Somebody would be in the hospital.

camellia said:

that too funny your imaginary friends:lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: i only told a few people because most think cause your on a hair site my hair should be down my butt they dont now that it has to get healthy before it can grow long i already grew out of a very short hair cut so i say nothing and watch it grow lol

Last edited:
My DH says stuff like 'so-in-so's hair is messed up. You need to talk to her. I told her to call you.' :huh:

Last edited:
sareca said:
My DH says stuff like so-in-so's hair is messed up. You need to talk to her. I told her to call you. :huh:

Dang...:lachen:

Everytime i visit my SO and get near the computer, he's like " uh-uh dont you dare get on that hair care website, cause you'll never get off."

ella said:
Awww wow,I thought I had it bad.:perplexed

Girl, I am the youngest of five, I get clowned all the time. Luckily, I have formed a pretty tuff skin....it's all in good fun though. I have a silly family, so it's nothin, lol!

I am so glad someone posted a thread about this! I thought I was the only one feeling a little embarrassed/awkward whenever I was put on blast. My sis did it to me recently around some of my distant cousins. She was telling them about my fotki album and how I'm online sharing my hair tips with folks.

I guess I feel uncomfortable talking about it with a bunch of folks 'cause some people will think you're vain or just weird for being so into your hair.

My bestfriend puts me on blast "all the time" about LHCF! She catches a 'tude when she comes over and I am on the PC chattn with yall about hair!

LOL...She thinks LHCF is a Sorority! She is always mentioning to everyone about the stuff I do to my hair because of this forum and how i won't listen to her about putting hair gel on my edges or a curling iron to my roots!

(I don't listen cause her hair condition is a mess! My Sista's on LHCF got it going on! I wish she had a PC at home so she can get some of this LHCF SISTAHOOD knowledge too!:grin::ohwell:)

Back