Is Sheen Spray Good or Bad?

Browndilocks

Browndisha Brownie Sundae
I did a search and couldn't find the answer:

Are there any benefits or disadvantages to using sheen spray? Are there any specific brands better to use than others?

I was really tempted to buy some ORS Olive Oil Sheen Spray but I haven't used sheen spray since high school. I don't even remember why I stopped using it.

Browndilocks said:
I did a search and couldn't find the answer:

Are there any benefits or disadvantages to using sheen spray? Are there any specific brands better to use than others?

I was really tempted to buy some ORS Olive Oil Sheen Spray but I haven't used sheen spray since high school. I don't even remember why I stopped using it.

I like sheen sprays on my wet hair right before I sit under the dryer. I just spray lightly over my rollerset.

Those without alcohol (i.e Proclaim and ORS) are great for sealing or spraying before combing down a wrap. If I ever make a Fotki, you'll see my progress with using them. I don't use it nightly or most of the time like I used to, though.

I have the ORS sheen spray in my cabinet. I don't use it often, but I do like the product. I use it to seal moisturizers when I'm wearing straight hair so that my hair isn't weighed down.

I use to be addicted to sheen spray. The revlon and the isoplus one. It didn't do nothing but dry my hair out, I guess thats wht I jept having to use it all the time. It would look shiny for about 45 mins...lol

I don't like the ingredients in most sheen sprays, but a few are good IMO. I really like Motions Salon Herbal Sheen Spray it's really concentrated and I like Profectiv's sheen spray also for a lighter option.

I really don't like sheen spray, for me it just sits on top on my hair until I rub up against something then its on what ever my hair brushed against. I prefer serums too.

I mostly use sheen sprays as heat protectants. The Isoplus one in the blue can is pretty good for that. I now use the ORS Olive Oil spray as a scalp soother since I have twists in my hair now.

I use the ORS Olive Oil sheen spray after I take my rollers out for a rollerset but before wrapping. I like it because it's not heavy, has no alcohol, and is an easy way to seal in moisture.

I used to use the Isoplus spray every day. Whenever I thought my hair looked dry, I was spraying. It was only after I joined LHCF that I learned that if my hair is dry it needs MOISTURE, not aeresol(sp?) mineral oil. :nono:

I no longer use sheen sprays because alot of them contain butane:eek: I have found that shea butter is great if you want to give your hair some shine without the greasy feel/look ;)

Back