Is relaxing hair the only way to get rid of near touchup time shedding?

katie

I am at 9 weeks and trying to hold out to 12.But my hair is shedding way more than usual and I am just wondering if I should go relax.I had decided to space out my relaxers because I wanted to trim less often.My stylist INSISTS upon trimming with every relaxer I get no matter what I tell her.

Are you just seeing hair fall out of your head or are you combing/brushing a lot? How often do you comb/brush your hair? Try to avoid combing/brushing as much as possible when stretching your relaxers. That will help with shedding so you don't have to get a touch up to make the shedding stop. But if you can't hold out to 12 weeks, try 10 weeks and then relax. Then next time, try 12 weeks!

Hope that helps! ;)

Poohbear said:
Are you just seeing hair fall out of your head or are you combing/brushing a lot? How often do you comb/brush your hair? Try to avoid combing/brushing as much as possible when stretching your relaxers. That will help with shedding so you don't have to get a touch up to make the shedding stop. But if you can't hold out to 12 weeks, try 10 weeks and then relax. Then next time, try 12 weeks!

Hope that helps! ;)

Thanks for the advice.I only comb my hair when I shampoo once a week.And that is when I see all the shed hairs.
I've actually gone to 12 weeks before.But somehow this time is much harder.Maybe I have more new growth.

Katie, the same thing happens to me when I reach 6 weeks. My hair was shedding a lot over the past two weeks. I tried Nexxus Emergence to combat it and it has worked like a miracle. I washed and set last night and lost only a few strands.

katie said:
I am at 9 weeks and trying to hold out to 12.But my hair is shedding way more than usual and I am just wondering if I should go relax.I had decided to space out my relaxers because I wanted to trim less often.My stylist INSISTS upon trimming with every relaxer I get no matter what I tell her.

Katie. STAND YOUR GROUND! When your stylist insists upon trimming your hair, be firm and order her NOT TO TRIM, if you do not desire it. Trimming with every touch-up is a sly way that hairdressers keep our hair shorter. I, myself, have had to actually turn around in the chair and tell my hairdresser, "don't come near my hair with those scissors".

Don't let your stylist intimidate you; you can put her in check, if you really want to.

Back