Is my Regime ok

Anancy

Right, since lurking on the site and eventually joining i've made a decision on what my hair regime will be.

Could you take a look please, i need your expert advice/comments. Is it ok, do you have any suggestions?

Shampoo hair 1x a week with - Mizani Botanifying conditioning shampoo
Then condition with - Nexxus Hemectress ultimate moisterising conditioner
I usually apply Fantasia ic leave-in hair and scalp treatment (which i've added a few drops of Rosemary oil and leave my hair to air dry.
On the same day or the day after i deep condition my hair with Sahara Single Bible Soft Oil Organic Hair Softener (again with added rosemary oil) using a steaming cap for 20-30mins.

Moisterise ends 1-2x a day with Hollywoods Beauty Castor Oil with Mink Oil
Everyday i use my Fantasia ic leave-in hair and scalp treatment
Everynight massage Sulphur scalp treatment to scalp and plait my hair before going to bed (i find this helps keep my hair moisterised).
Biotin supplement every 2 days - 0.300mg (i think)

I've definitely seen improvements in the condition of my hair. It feels softer and it sheds a whole lot less than before when i comb and wash my hair.
Im hoping to grow it past shoulder length (which i've been before) and then cut off my old ends.

I love using my Sahara oil for steaming, makes my hair feel really soft and the Mizani shampoo is a definite improvement from my last shampoo which left my hair feeling dry. Mizani leaves my hair feeling soft before using my conditioner.

When i air dry my hair its very wavy, what ways can i air dry it straight? i dont have rollers or a hooded dryer.

What can i use instead of my Fantasia leave-in for air drying my hair because i think there must be something better i can use.

TIA

Your regime is fine to me. You are certainly right about that sulfur. It definitely keeps your hair moisture. I also braided my hair after I put the sulfur in.

To get your hair straight w/o heat you can either do a ponytail method dry or just wrap your hair and let it airdry with a silk or satin scarf.
Your regimen seems cool to me. I might steal a tip or two from you!!! Especially the daily moisturizing of the ends.

So what do you guys use as a leave-in before drying your hair? I don't really like what im using at the moment.

Thanks

tishee said:
anancy where did you purchase the Sahara Single Bible Soft Oil Organic Hair Softener from?

thanks in advance

I always get it from any black hair store here in England. Im not sure where else you can get it because its manufactured in the UK.
They have an email address:
[email protected]

Maybe if you're interested you can email them to get some more info. I love it because its pretty much made up of all natural ingredients-
Glycerine, Olive Oil, Aloe vera, Almond oil, Rosemary oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Panthenol, Herbal Extracts: Ginseng Chamomile, Henna, Seaweed, Irish Moss, Clyclomethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Butyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Methyl Paraben

To me that sounds good, im still learning about whats good for your hair though.
Hope that helps a bit.

Anancy said:
I always get it from any black hair store here in England. Im not sure where else you can get it because its manufactured in the UK.
They have an email address:
[email protected]

Maybe if you're interested you can email them to get some more info. I love it because its pretty much made up of all natural ingredients-
Glycerine, Olive Oil, Aloe vera, Almond oil, Rosemary oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Panthenol, Herbal Extracts: Ginseng Chamomile, Henna, Seaweed, Irish Moss, Clyclomethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Butyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Methyl Paraben

To me that sounds good, im still learning about whats good for your hair though.
Hope that helps a bit.

thanks anancy!

Back