Is MSM from GNC worth taking?

Is MSM from the GNC store worth taking?

• Total voters

seraphim712

I bought MSM from the GNC store on Thursday. The bottle consists of 90 capsules that are 100 mg each. The capsules are huge and hard to swallow. This leads to two questions:

Has anyone else tried the MSM from GNC and had good results, or is it not worth trying?

Also, since the powder is in the capsule, wouldn't be better if I just pour the powder into a drink and take it that way instead?

I say get the powder from Vitamin Shoppe which is better. There might be brands better than the VS one but I haven't tried them yet

I think this is a good thread because I was wondering the same thing about the GNC capsules. I bought two bottles of the 1000 mg 180 count which I am still using. I love the results I have received. In fact, I have posted several times that I don't know if I will have to relax again due to MSM texture changes. However, the other ladies believe that the powdered form is superior. Please weigh in ladies, why is the powder better?

i take vitaminshoppe msm. Although it is big as well, i like the results im getting with it better than w/ the gnc brand (softer newgrowths).
I am not sure if you should be opening the pill, why dont you instead buy it in powder form. Alot of ppl prefer to take msm in powder form. I did not like it, the taste was not cute:eek:, but you might be stronger than i.

I used GNC MSM and saw growth in less than two weeks. I usually just opened the capsules and put it right on my tongue.

Nessa06 said:
i take vitaminshoppe msm. Although it is big as well, i like the results im getting with it better than w/ the gnc brand (softer newgrowths).
I am not sure if you should be opening the pill, why dont you instead buy it in powder form. Alot of ppl prefer to take msm in powder form. I did not like it, the taste was not cute:eek:, but you might be stronger than i.

Is vitaminshoppe and online store? I asked the salesman at GNC if they sold the powdered version of MSM, he said no :( only the capsules. And let me tell you, I need a huge mouthful of water just to take one capsule. I like a huge horse pill. I really want to try the powdered version to save me the pain of swallowing the capsule.

shocol said:
I used GNC MSM and saw growth in less than two weeks. I usually just opened the capsules and put it right on my tongue.

Wow, that's fast. So it's really ok to open the capsule intead of choking the darn thing down?

I have used the MSM from GNC. I believe it was the 1000mg pills which are big, but they weren't capsules filled with powder just regular pills. I had good results and used them for 2 months. I also used the small capsules from vitamin shoppe with good results and the powder. I've had good results with all three.

seraphim712 said:
Is vitaminshoppe and online store? I asked the salesman at GNC if they sold the powdered version of MSM, he said no :( only the capsules. And let me tell you, I need a huge mouthful of water just to take one capsule. I like a huge horse pill. I really want to try the powdered version to save me the pain of swallowing the capsule.

If you dont have a Vitamin Shoppe in your area you can purchase the products online.

I used the liquid form of the MSM and it broke me out! I just stopped taking it. I tried the pills next with better results but I hated taking those Big pills. (the liquid formula I purchased up at Vitamin Shoppe. The pills I purchased at Kroger.)

www.vitaminshoppe.com

Letitia said:
If you dont have a Vitamin Shoppe in your area you can purchase the products online.

I used the liquid form of the MSM and it broke me out! I just stopped taking it. I tried the pills next with better results but I hated taking those Big pills. (the liquid formula I purchased up at Vitamin Shoppe. The pills I purchased at Kroger.)

www.vitaminshoppe.com

Thank you :)

The only bad thing with msm, whether you take pill or powder, is that you need to drink a ton of water. I usually break out if i dont drink plenty of water when i take msm. By plenty i mean four 1L bottles of water (on purpose :lol:) with an additional 2 glasses at dinner. But the results are so worth it.

Nessa06 said:
The only bad thing with msm, whether you take pill or powder, is that you need to drink a ton of water. I usually break out if i dont drink plenty of water when i take msm. By plenty i mean four 1L bottles of water (on purpose :lol:) with an additional 2 glasses at dinner. But the results are so worth it.

I know what you mean. I guess since I have sensitive skin, it didn't take long for me to get a huge bump on the side of my face. I'm trying to drink as much water as possible, but it tastes so... blah. I bought the Kroger brand. I'm trying to stay away from sodas as much as possible, but somehow I go right back to drinking them. I believe that's the cause of my stunted hair growth.

Here's what you need to do. Think about it, the pleasure you will feel from a glass of soda, is it worth the pleasure you will feel from reaching your hair goal.
Everytime i think of things in that way, it makes me more disciplined and willing to keep on track. Water is blah, but once you get use to it, you just get use to it :lol:

Nessa06 said:
Here's what you need to do. Think about it, the pleasure you will feel from a glass of soda, is it worth the pleasure you will feel from reaching your hair goal.
Everytime i think of things in that way, it makes me more disciplined and willing to keep on track. Water is blah, but once you get use to it, you just get use to it :lol:

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind :lol:

Letitia said:

www.vitaminshoppe.com
There is a liquid form of MSM??? Did you break out because it was working or because it wasn't good quality MSM...would you recommened it. My thinking is that this would be the most potent form of MSM

I've been taking the GNC MSM(1500 mg) for 3 months and so far, so good.

I'm taking a bunch of other vitamins too as part of the "Bargello Vitamin Regimen".

seraphim712 said:
Wow, that's fast. So it's really ok to open the capsule intead of choking the darn thing down?

Yep, just make sure you have some water or juice nearby because MSM is bitter.

seraphim712 said:
I know what you mean. I guess since I have sensitive skin, it didn't take long for me to get a huge bump on the side of my face. I'm trying to drink as much water as possible, but it tastes so... blah. I bought the Kroger brand. I'm trying to stay away from sodas as much as possible, but somehow I go right back to drinking them. I believe that's the cause of my stunted hair growth.

Sometimes, I'll squeeze a lemon in the water, just to have something different.

Back