Is Kalpitone discontinued?

MsKinkycurl

I just found an ayurveda recipe that my hair loves. It reminds me of the strength and manageability i get from a great henna treatment but with waayy less trouble. The problem is kalpitone was the secret to the magic. I heard from a member in the ayurveda thread that Hesh no longer makes it. Is this true?

I bought some in August from a local Indian store. I'll check Hesh's website for you.

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

Thanks! I'll be snatching up all the boxes I find online. After that I'll have to start making my own. The ingredients list is very detailed, it even has percentages so it shouldn't be too hard.

MsKinkycurl it hasn't been discontinued so please don't spend your BF/CM :dollar: buying tons of Kalpi Tone.

Please share your recipe that you were talking about in the OP that involves Kalpi Tone.

Thanks Ogoma MileHighDiva!
Sorry for the long post:

I started off by prepooing with coconut oil. I used a spin off Naptural85’s mayo conditioner recipe as a conditioner base.

I mixed ¾ as much mayo as I thought I would need to lightly coat my hair (a few hearty scoops); 1 egg yolk; a few squirts of vatika oil; a small amount of water; about ¼ of the Kalpi Tone box; and some lavender EO for smell. I used Trader Joes organic mayo because its ingredients list looks like a recipe for homemade mayo.

I let it sit while I prepooed (about a hour) then applied. The mix thickened too much so I added water to make it stretch. I let it sit for a few hours out of laziness, then rinsed and cowashed with Trader Joes Tea Tree Tingle. My hair and scalp were clean and my hair felt strong. I worried about dryness and almost applied a deep conditioner but felt too lazy. I added a small amount of kkcc and a liberal amount of my shea butter mixture and set my hair for a bantu knot twist out.

Once it dried my hair was soft, super moisturized, and uncharacteristically well behaved. My hair stayed moisturized for 2x as long as normal, and the only thing different was the kalpi tone mix.

Back