Is it ......

babygirl_00

ok to use ion recon. protein on my hair after I wash the relaxer out? or does it matter what type of protein I use. I'm self relaxing my virgin hair tonight....any last minutes tips????

ABSOLUTELY!!!

I use motions silk protein conditioner right after I rinse the relaxer out. Do a quick search for Sistaslick. In her siggy are some links to articles that she has written. Go through the relaxer article, it breaks somethings down very nicely for you.

Ok...I looked at Sistaslick guild. she suggest to leave the protein on your hair after you wash the relaxer out for 3 to 5 minutes. Ion direction says to leave it on for 10 minutes. should I skip this process and do the protein after I neutralizing rinse.

Ok...I looked at Sistaslick guild. she suggest to leave the protein on your hair after you wash the relaxer out for 3 to 5 minutes. Ion direction says to leave it on for 10 minutes. should I skip this process and do the protein after I neutralizing rinse.

I put the protein on for 5-10 minutes before I neutralize. Then I usually lather 3 times with neutralizing shampoo and follow for another 15-30minutes with moisturizing conditioner.

Back