is it wise for naturals to use reconstructing shamp/con (joico products questions)

FineChyna

I used to use joico k-pak line a lot but because it was expensive i switch to nexxus but now i want to go back to joico because i saw the most amount of progress with that shampoo/conditioner line

now i see that joico changed its packaging and changed some of its products i am slightly confused on what i should use now that i am 100% natural.

when i was transitioning i was using the super conditioning shampoo and the reconstructive conditioner.

now i see that super conditioning shampoo isn't part of the joico line which is fine, (its still made by joico) but i am unsure if i should resume using the reconstructive conditioner.

according to the site the reconstructive shampoo/conditioner is for dry, damaged hair

K-PAK Conditioner

Designed for: damage repair

Benefits:
Reconstructs, strengthens and detangles dry, damaged hair with K-PAK's Keratin Silicone Complex.
Hair feels smooth, silky and shiny with vitality and bounce.

my hair is dry and does tangle easily (the longer it gets the worst the problem is) butmy hair is not damaged.

Is it wise to use a reconstructor? why or why not?

ok another question
joico has a new line called Moisture Recovery Product Line

it says it is for dry hair. has anyone tried it? if so what is the review on the product?

i've been natural for several years now and i have never tried JOico, but i use other reconstructors in particular Fantasia IC and aphogee reconstructors with good results. I find them good for relieving shedding and give my hair more elasticity and strenght.

it might be a good idea to keep a bottle around to use it at least 1x a month (or more if needed) as a preventative measure, especially if you color, use heat or manipulate your hair a lot.

babyblue said:
i've been natural for several years now and i have never tried JOico, but i use other reconstructors in particular Fantasia IC and aphogee reconstructors with good results. I find them good for relieving shedding and give my hair more elasticity and strenght.

it might be a good idea to keep a bottle around to use it at least 1x a month (or more if needed) as a preventative measure, especially if you color, use heat or manipulate your hair a lot.
I agree, I think the reconstructures are good to use for transitioning. For all natural, I would probably only use once a month.

Re: is it wise for naturals to use reconstructing shamp/con (joico products questions

I also use a reconstructor when I color or straighten my hair for the shampoo just before and the one just after either process.

FineChyna said:
I used to use joico k-pak line a lot but because it was expensive i switch to nexxus but now i want to go back to joico because i saw the most amount of progress with that shampoo/conditioner line

now i see that joico changed its packaging and changed some of its products i am slightly confused on what i should use now that i am 100% natural.

when i was transitioning i was using the super conditioning shampoo and the reconstructive conditioner.

now i see that super conditioning shampoo isn't part of the joico line which is fine, (its still made by joico) but i am unsure if i should resume using the reconstructive conditioner.

according to the site the reconstructive shampoo/conditioner is for dry, damaged hair

my hair is dry and does tangle easily (the longer it gets the worst the problem is) butmy hair is not damaged.

Is it wise to use a reconstructor? why or why not?

Reconstructor= protein. You will if you choose to use a reconstructor, you should limit the use. You are natural, so there's really no need to use that so much. For example, what they do is, let's say that you have a strand of hair w/ bits missing from teh strand all the way down. The protein in the reconstructor fills in the "holes" per say, to make your hair stronger. You can get big time build up and breakage after a while from using this on the regular. Like w/ pantene, for some it dries out their hair,and it will break off if they use it long enough. Pantene has so much protein and that's why. You would definitely want to use things that have "MOISTURIZING" in them. Mizani,aubry,aura anything that's got a track record of moisturizing. Not that has protein in it. I only use protein tx a few times per year. I use moisturizing products mostly. Only when I am gonna color (which is no more) was I doing the protein. now that I henna, I don't use the protein tx, b/c the henna has enough protein in it for me. Good luck to you:) You know your hair. If you aren't having the symptoms of buildup,or breakage, do what works for YOU :)

Back