Is it weird to wear pigtails everyday?

Ebonygurl00

I'm asking because I found an amazing protective style on me, which is two braided pigtails. I'm 18 and in college, and I have no job, so I don't have to worry about looking unprofessional. I just wanted to know if it's "socially unacceptable" to wear them everyday. My hair is about 1in below my shoulders, and the pigtails rest just on my shoulders when braided. Thanks!

If you feel comfortable wearing two braids (plaits) everyday, that is what's important. I bet your style looks good on you too.

Also, if you want to try something different (like when going out), you can just unbraid your hair for a pretty braidout - two protective styles in one!;)

I think this would be fine for a college student. :yep: But it might be good to hear what the young ladies on the board that are currently in college have to say. I don't know what you youngins find acceptable these days. :lol:

Thanks for the replies, ladies! I do think this style looks good on me. I don't think buns look good on me at all, and I also feel that the pigtails protect my hair more. When I took them down today, I had the prettiest braid-out! Thanks so much again!

I like pig tails but I dont wear them to school because I have to go to work immediately afterwards.
But I wear them when I have off days, then I dont have to worry about what to do with my hair for the rest of the day.

If you are someone who doesnt care what others think, I dont think there's anything wrong with wearing pigtails to class. Well, even if they werent 'in fashion' I would wear them anyway. I think they are simple, can keep hair neat, protected and they are cute too:) .

I wear 2 pig tails alot, but under my wigs. If I was in school, I'd wear them with no problems. As stated earlier, they make a nice braid out too. So go for it. :up:

I think that your hair looks good in two pigtails. I wear mine like that every once in while when i have micros because with all the reversion i have with being natural they would not even look like pigtails. It is cute and i konw how it is to be in college. I am senior right now.

I'm in college and to be honest I don't too much like the pigtail look. My friend who already looks twelve wore them all last semester and started looking like my little sister rather than my friend. Then again, I wore a bun all last year, and ALL my friends wanted me to let it go. LOL! If pigtails are a style that is easier for you and protective, do it! My bun did it for me.

Girl I love wearing two french braids, a little jam on the edges and I'm good to go. This is gonna be one of my favorite styles when and if I get 2 BSL I call it hairdown day, lol, you know how folks have dress down day and slide on something comfy to run around in, well that will be my comfy style. Anyway wear them girl and on days you want to have a nice quick style to go out in just take the platts out and you'll have a braid out in 2 min.

Thanks, everyone! You guys are all so helpful. I'm going to keep wearing this style until I find a job. I was worried about looking young, since everyone thinks I look like I'm 14 (I'm 18). I like the style, so I'll wear them.Thanks so much for your help!!

Back