Is it time to switch my Hair Stylist??

kizzylonghair

Hi,

I am a few weeks into my new hair growth journey, I have started my vitamin regime, done a great protein treatment(breakage stopped:grin:) and started co-washing, moisturizing, oils Etc. I am now 6 weeks posts relaxer and I know I can stretch my hair a little further....

But I dont want my progress/growth to be hinded by my stylist:nono:.
I always left her feeling like a million dollars(Pounds in my case:grin:)
BUT i know she skips steps when she relax's my hair,
  • No kind of protective cream on ends
  • Very little vasaline around my hair line
  • No Neuralizing
  • She wraps my hair & everyone elses is (I am a rollerset girl know, less pressure and I have been left with a thinning side due to years of it)
  • She has relaxed/coloured my hair at the same time on occassions (I did ask for it, but can this be healthy:wallbash:!!)
She does have her good points, she wraps my hair so well that it never requires any further heat, and she aint scissor happy.

Anyway I remember going to another salon that I went to for years and they NEVER missed a relaxer step. I left them because my hair was always dry, not realising that it was the Affirm Fibreguard they were using not agreeing with my hair........(You'll taught me that):hug3:
So I should have just switched relaxers.

Anyway I have become friends with my current stylist and we have happily got on with keeping my hair in a nice short not so healthy bob, but I want length now!! She will knw I have left her :lachen:You know pep talk.

Anway the new salon has Mazani - Butter and I really want to try that!! I am currently using proclaim which is good and leaves it full of moisture until next relaxer, which mean less breakage..more Retention.
My current stylist could get Mazani - but will it change her bad habits

I jst dont know what to do ??????????:saythat:

If you can bring your own neutralizer and she will use it, I say keep her. If she won't use the neutralizer she really has to be -----Fired!

You must have some really strong hair on the bright side.

Are you sure she's not neutralizing? Just because the shampoo may not say neutralizing on the bottle does not mean it's not neutralizing. Leaving a conditioner on your hair for at least 10 minutes also has the same affect as neutralizing shampoo.

Back