Is It Tacky To Seal Twist (kanekelon) With Rubber Bands?

summerof1990

I want them short cannot stop them from unraveling like crazy!

I don't think braiding the ends is enough because it STILL comes apart.

I saw someone do it with rubber bands and the style looked cute on her no matter what.
Plus, i think it gives a nice youthful twist to it.

It's better than burning the tips in my own little opinion =) right?

Tacky is in the eye of the beholder.

I haven't seen them styled that way since the 90's, and anything done "neat" is a yay in my book.

If you thought it was cute, go for it.

I did my marley twists like that. I had to cut the hair cuz it was way too long so that made the ends all blunt and plus I was paranoid about burning or boiling cuz my hair in some areas was about as long as the marley hair. The rubber bands looked ok to me. I got a lot of complements. I thought it made the twists look more natural.

I did my marley twists like that. I had to cut the hair cuz it was way too long so that made the ends all blunt and plus I was paranoid about burning or boiling cuz my hair in some areas was about as long as the marley hair. The rubber bands looked ok to me. I got a lot of complements. I thought it made the twists look more natural.

Hi there,
Have you tried the feathering technique i instantly saw a difference in the seal once i feathered.

Hi there,
Have you tried the feathering technique i instantly saw a difference in the seal once i feathered.
Yes and it helped but they eventually unraveled. The way I put the bands on it wasn't really noticeable. I have a few pics but I don't think I got the ends in the pic, they were so long.

I can imagine kanekalon hair would be very hard to keep together without burning. Some Marley hair will stay without doing anything to it.

Back