Is it safe to keep my hair wet for days?

BlkOnyx488

Is it safe to keep my hair wet for days?

I am using the Ovation Cell therapy and last night I wet my hair, put a baggie on. And I have left it on all night and all day and I am about to head to bed so I may leave on tomorrow as well

Is there a benefit to keeping my hair this moist?
Or could it hurt my hair?
I am 4a Natural, My hair never seems to get enough moisture, it's stays dry I am constantly replacing the moisture like 5- 6 times a day I use a mix of s-curl, tea oil, and MN.

Thanks for your input:look:

Last edited:
I've noticed that a majority of the people who baggy with wet hair get breakage, so you might wanna take off the bag to let your hair ''breathe''

Maybe letting your hair dry, spraying with scurl and then baggying would be a better and worry-free option :)

It won't be a problem if you balance the moisture with protein. Keeping your hair wet probably means you have to do more/ stronger protein treatments to prevent your hair from weakening. I experience breakage from baggying when my hair doesn't have enough protein. Maybe you can add a protein conditioner or leave in to your hair as well before baggying.

i've noticed when i tried to baggy my hair/scalp was okay, but anything i used to pull my hair back would start to smell bad... like a sour mildewy smell. :look: part of the reason i stopped doing it.

this week i've been wearing my hair like my avatar... pulled back into a bun while still damp. the middle doesn't get dry... i co-wash in the morning and when i take the bun down to co-wash it's still wet inside. but i used a different hairband the next morning and also this morning. my hair/scalp seem to be just fine this way... perhaps i will try the baggie method again in fall/winter and just change my hair band evey day.

IA with others too who said you wanna balance moisture and protein. :yep:

:yep:

You can do it, but you have to keep an eagle eye on your hair to keep the protein/moisture balance cool.

When I was doing this, I would always use SOMETHING with Tea Tree Oil in it on my scalp, to knock out any potential fungi issues from the jump - I'm paranoid about that with consistently wet hair.

Good luck!

Back