Is it safe to DC hair a couple days before you get a touch up?

Umm no doing anything to your hair a few days before relaxing!!!

Unless you WANT to feel the burn.

(from what I remember from my relaxed days)

Yeah, I Agree.

The Less Manipulation to the Scalp/Hair the better (at least for me).

The closest I've ever went is about 4 days. That's when I do my Clarifying, Last Protein, DC'er.

The day or two before, I base my Scalp (Summit Sensitive Scalp) and put something on to protect my previously relaxed hair. (This time I used Coconut Oil)

Okay thanks ladies. I don't do my own relaxers but we always wait until it tingles. This time I should just say it is burning to save my hair.

Okay thanks ladies. I don't do my own relaxers but we always wait until it tingles. This time I should just say it is burning to save my hair.

You what? :look:

I check my own watch and tell them when they need to take it out. It's my hair so my rules apply...

I cowash a day or 2 before my self relaxer....

ETA: I read that dlewis would; so I tried 3 days before, then 2, then 1 the last relaxer:yep:

Last edited:
^^^^ Same here, I wash my hair the day before a touchup and have no issues with burning. It seems to process better on clean hair and scalp. But please, please do what is best for you.

I wash and DC a couple of days before. I'm just careful with not scratching my scalp. I've not had a problem so far

You what? :look:

I check my own watch and tell them when they need to take it out. It's my hair so my rules apply...

My mom does my relaxers and she used to relax from root to tip but I told her off about that. I havent had a relaxer in almost six months (I really don't count the one I did myself as I was very underprocessed) I usually don't go to salons either but I will speak up about my hair if I start going to the hairdressers.

I just decided to just leave my hair alone in my usual bun until I get the touch up, thanks again for the advice.

Back